Monday, February 28, 2011

Squigglefly "Scraps"

It's Monday so that means it's a fresh, new challenge for you at Squigglefly!!
It's my teams turn at bat to inspire you with our projects so you can run over to the store, pick up a stamp and join us in our challenge!!
Our challenge this weeks is "Scraps". Use up some of the odd bits laying around. Here's what I came up with:
I love this image!! It's called "Small Friendship"  by artist Cheryl Alger. My scraps are those circles of the blue and white checked paper that I punched with a 1/2" circle punch and then glued to the back of my image panel to make it look like a nestie shape. That flourish has literally been sitting in a dish on my desk for months. I had die cut it and it is such a bright green I've just never used it. But it goes well with these bright, vivid blues.
Here's a close up:

She was colored with Copics. I've misplaced my list so lets see how close I can come by memory:
Skin: E00, E000 and R20
Hair: E17, YR24, Y21
PJ's: B04, B02, B00
Ottoman: R22, R20, YR28, Legs...not sure, but obviously something in the E's ;p
Cheese: Y17, Y11
Rat/Mouse: E74, E70, R02

The papers are a from a few different digi sets at Stamp Fairy.
I think that's about it. Can't wait to see what you can do with some of your scraps! And right now there is a sale at Squigglefly on all of the St. Patrick's Day images. 

Hugs~
Photobucket

16 comments:

kreative basteltante said...

WooW, the card is so sweet.
Hugs Manuela

Sharon Keanly said...

Hello my friend, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Your colouring is superb. Love how you got that light bit in her hair to look so natural... do you have a tut that I could check out to see how you do it. Your work is amazing. hugs Sharon x

Embosserissima said...

It's so cute. The color is a wonderful blue. I love you project. Thanks for sharing.

Erica said...

Wow I like your card, it is so nice and sweet, and the stamp is fab. Hugs Erica.

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab fun image and love the vibrant colours
Lisa ;)

Karen said...

What a gorgeous image! Very well coloured too. I love the shades of blue and white together. Thanks for sharing!

Dorcas said...

Love this fun image! You've colored it to perfection too :-)
Wonderful card!

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer Dana!! Your coloring is utterly amazing hun!! LOVE your blue tones and that image couldn't be any more sweet!! :) Great take on the challenge!!HUGS

Brenda said...

What a cutie! Darling image and I love your bright papers. So cheerful!! Love this design as well. I may just have to hop on over there and check out this challenge!

Kari said...

This is stunning!I love the image and your colouring is amazing!
Have a wonderful Monday!

Hugs,Kari :)

America said...

Your coloring is STUNNING!!! WOW

Jacee said...

Lovely Dana, really like the blue colour and it's a smashing image!
Hugs Jacee

DoodleDee Designs said...

As always I'm super impressed by your card and coloring. What part of Missouri do you live in? I need coloring lessons :P hehehehe

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Dana!! I just love the blue and your stunning coloring of the adorable image. Beautiful!

Kimmarie Baker said...

That's a great way to use up your stash and make a nice border around your image. Very cute image btw. tfs

Tracy said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors and i'm so glad I'm no thte only one who saves the die cuts that don't get used. LOL Great card my friend!