Thursday, March 24, 2011

Digi Doodle Shop - Ribbons and Bows

This week our challenge for you at Digi Doodle Shop's Best is "Ribbons and Bows".  That makes me automatically think of feminine and girly projects. But I went a totally different route because this is one of those images I've really been wanting to color. I love this still life scene!!
Isn't that fabulous?? This is one I think I could blow up to a 8x10 and spend weeks coloring! It is called Canned Peaches.
Here's a close up:
Everything was colored with Copics except the wallpaper, which was paper pieced. The curtains were a lot of fun!! After adding the basic plaid design with my Copics I went in and highlighted the white areas with my white gel pen. 
I've been working on about 6 projects at the same time so about every marker I own is on my desk. Sorry I don't have a list of the ones I used. 
I cannot wait to see what you come up with for this fun challenge!!



Lisa Jane said...

what a sweet little scene - beautiful
Lisa x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Dana!
Fabulous job on this image. Love the jars. It's colored so beautifully.
hugs Maz

Sherry Kushibab said...

Those curtains are fabulous - this is a nice still life. As usual a great card......TFS

Tracy said...

Good grief girl! This is SOOOO amazing!!! The jars and those curtains---your coloring is beyond amazing! This is one FABULOUS card !!

Love crafts forever said...

What a fantastic card, looks so reall.
Hugs Nataliya.
PS. You are my instipation on colouring with pencils.

skylife said...

WOW I really thought the curtain was paper pieced too!!! Amazing!
Great card - that nestie is one of my favorites!


KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Dana and you are a very clever girl. Love the curtains and wallpaper.


Julie said...

This is just fabulous. I love the vintage feel to this card.

Lori m said...

What a sweet and pretty stamp, you made this look so real, love it!

Highland Monkey's said...

Nice image, I think it would look nice as a poster as well.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love your coloring.

Thank you for the updated copic chart too. I just printed on off.

Colleen Holmes said...

Dana, this is gorgeous, oh wow! Very nice coloring and designing! Totally love it!

Trina said...

Gee whiz, Dana! You colored those curtains? Amazing!! Your peaches and jars have such realistic shading... I want to color like you when I grow up! :D

jimlynn said...

Fabulous! So pretty - as are all your creations!
I'm doing "a LITTLE" better and will try to get by more now! Thanks for the "wishes".

Brenda said...

My goodness girlfriend. How many hours did you spend on this image!! It is amazing all the work and details on it!! Hard to come up with the perfect word!! Fantabulous!

Jóna said...

I have no words to describe this card, I just love it and can't get enough looking at it.
Your coloring is so brilliant as always!
Hugs, Jóna

Judy said...

Hi Dana,

This is fabulous! You really are one talented lady. I always enjoy seeing what you do.


WeirdCat said...

Awesome colouring as per usual, I now want to eat peaches and I hate the things, LOL,
Ruth x

Sheree said...

You are just too funny! Thanks for the great comments on my blog yesterday... I'm still laughing!
This still life is amazing!! Love the scene, colouring is fabulous and paper piecing?? You are the most awesome domestic diva in the world!!
Once again I bow in awe of your awesomeness!!

Lisa Atha said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Dana!


Tracy S said...

Wowsa! I am in awes of those curtains you did and the shading on the peaches in the jar and the pieced wallpaper you get the idea. This card is amazing! I love every single detail about it.

freida said...

Your coloring hits the ball out of the park! OMGoodness, what perfection!

Donna Heber said...


This is totally fabulous! I just love seeing what you create.

ThePurplePlace said...

What a gorgeous image!! I agree that the detail is fabulous and one could spend hours and hours on this!!

I only WISH I had the patience and really good eyesight to color like that! I think that is why I still struggle...! My eyes tire quickly and I have a hard time trying to focus on all the detail (another side effect of Fibro)...Grrr!!

But, for those who have the talent, like you...I'm in awe!!!

You go GIRL!!! :)