Monday, March 7, 2011

Do Not Go Where the Path May Lead

There's not enough time in the week for me to play in all the challenges I would like too!! What usually happens is I will see what the challenge is and by the time I get around to making the card, the following week's challenge has posted! I really should have spent my day getting some DT cards finished but they're colored (mostly) and just waiting assembling... so I niched out some ME play time!!
My first is a card for All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge. I used Hiking Emma from the "Say Cheese" collection:
I printed her right onto digi papers from Carrie Stevens called Spontaneous Delight.
She was colored with my Copics and here's a close up:
Sorry.. I colored her over the weekend and don't have my list.
I created the sentiment on my computer and it is one of my all time fav's!  
The butterflies were stamped on Vellum with my clear Top Boss Embossing pad, then added white embossing powder. The others were cut with my Martha Stewart punch.  The butterfly stamps are from Hero Arts "Antique Engravings" set.
Flutter By Wednesdays - Must have a fairy, angel or butterfly
Stay tuned for 2nd post coming up shortly!


Danni said...

I hear ya, just not enough hours in the day for all the stamping I want to do!!
Simply adorable card!!Love the butterflies!!

Sylvia said...

Wonderful sentiment and again a GORGEOUS GORGEOUS card! I'm always in awe with your coloring skills and could stare at your work for hours drooling over it. I will never be able to color like this but love to look at your perfect work (oh my.. please don't think I'm a stalker.. I'm just a huge fan *giggle*)
{hugs} Sylvia

Brenda said...

Another amazing card. I love the design, the coloring of course, and those butterflies. Just beautiful!!

Lisa Jane said...

This is fabulous Dana .. i love that sentiment .. i tell my daughter not to be a sheep her own thing .. be an individual.. its a perfect
Lisa ;)

Mandy said...

Dana your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and your colouring is so beautiful.
I've just bought my first pack of copics and I'm amazed at the way you colour with them, I'll need about 2 years practising I think lol
hugs Mandy xx

Silvie Z said...

Fabulous card, Dana! Amazing coloring! And all those butterflies are so pretty!

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card!


Jacee said...

Beautiful work Dana,nice colours and the butterflys are lovely
Hugs Jacee

Andrea6760 said...

You never cease to amaze me Dana! The image is so adorable and your coloring is outstanding! I want to color like you when I grow up..LOL