Thursday, March 24, 2011

Elisabeth Bell Little Rapunzel

This week our challenge for you at The Outlawz POM group is Sparkle and Shine!! I used Rapunzel (digi) from Elisabeth Bell and colored her with Prismacolor Pencils.
I got my shine and sparkle in a lot of different ways. First off when I think of shine, my first thought is hair!!! (snicker)
Here's an angle close up of the flowers just so you can see it really is sparkly.. lol!

Here's some of the other items I used to get Sparkle and Shine:
1) Silver embossing powder adhered to the paper with both my Big Juicy embossing pad and also with my Glaze pen by Sakura.
2) Stickles
3) Rhinestones
4) Silver flat backed pearls
5) Sakura Stardust Pen

Here's the colors of Prisma's I used with OMS:
Skin: Peach 939, Light Peach 927, Nectar 1092, Pink 929, Blush Pink 928
Hair: Terra Cotta 944, Goldenrod 1034, Ginger Root 1084
Jeans: Indigo Blue 901, Denim Blue 1101, Cerulean blue 904
Shirt: Crimson Lake 925, Scarlet  Lake 923, Carmine Red 926
Grass: Kelp Green 1090, Spring Green 913, Dark Green 908
Sky: Cloud Blue 1023, Sky Light Blue 1086, Powder Blue 1087



Sylvia said...

As always, you did a great job on coloring this beauty, Dana! Love the stamped and colored image and the card is amazing!

{hugs} Sylvia

ANGIE said...

Hi Dana. Wow, this is beautiful. I'm amazed at your hand-coloring of this sweet image.

Lisa Jane said...

oooh gorgeous sparkle.. i just love it .. i ate one of the eclairs just for you lol
Lisa x

Tracy said...

Oh Yeah! This is just gorgeous! I LOVE the embossing powder around the image and you've picked the perfect colors and papers. You have got the eye for design girly. Love it!!!

Dorcas said...

Really cute Dana! LOve the little handmade flowers too, so sweet!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness girl! I so love this!! Your coloring is amazing and this image looks so sweet on your creation!! HUGS

NancyD said...

Dana, I really appreciate your coloring technique. I think I can take a few of your tips and apply them to copics. In all a really cute and well done card.

Donna Heber said...

Breathtaking! What a sweet image - love the sparkle and shine!

Roxann said...

Hey, GF! I love this card! Your coloring is FAB as always and her hair is amazing! I so struggle with hair!

Brenda said...

Well how the heck did I miss this post! This card is gorgeous!! I wouldn't expect any less! Love the way you added the embossing powder. Coloring as always is perfect!!
Hugs, Bren

And by the way, I just saw you on Mad for Markers!! You go girl!