Thursday, March 3, 2011

Elisabeth Belle's Rachel, Little Angel

It's Thursday so that means it's another fun challenge over at The Outlawz Prisma's and Other Mediums. Remember, Prisma's can be any colored pencils and "mediums" is just a fancy word for whatever you use to create whether it is distress inks, embossing, water colors, etc. Our only stipulation is no alcohol ink markers. We have a Copic/Promarker challenge every Friday.
Our challenge this week is YOUR Favorite Color Combo.
One of my all time favorite (I have many!!!) is black, red and white.
This week I colored this adorable digi from Elisabeth Bell called Rachel, Little Angel
Here's a close up:
I saw a great idea earlier this week and if it was you holler at me so I can give you credit. All I remember was that it was cattails on a green and white checked background. This wonderful blogger printed her digi image right on her digi paper!! How brilliant is that? Yea!!! Because we all know how much I love to cut images out... NOT!!! lol.
Here's a link to Sylvia's blog from months ago!! It's not the card I saw this week but it beautiful and I love how you can see the pattern through the image on her's:
Here's a close up of my rolled flower:

They are so simple to make. You can see how I make these by clicking on the link to the Flower Tutorial Part One in my tutorials. (youtube is having difficulties as I write this and I couldn't give you a direct link.. sorry)
I'm sticking a fork in this one.. it's done! All except for the part of me reminding you yet again, to pop over to The Outlawz and join us in the Prisma and Other Mediums groups for this fun color challenge! 
Hugs~
Photobucket
Challenges:

11 comments:

Jacee said...

This is lovely Dana, love the colour and your little flower is fab!
Hugs Jacee

Elise said...

Such a beautifull card. Love the image and colors.
Hugs Elise

Embosserissima said...

Fabulous! I love the paper. Really nice card. Thanks for sharing.

may-chu said...

lovely card! the stamp is cute, and the color combination is super pretty!

NickelNook said...

It's wonderful Dana! The image is so adorable and your coloring is amazing! Lovely flower too! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

Sylvia said...

Dana, this is brilliant! I so adore your coloring skills... fabulous and perfect!
Ohhh... and I soooo love your rolled paper flowers! Have to check out your tutorials as soon as I have enough time!!!

I don't know if you have seen it on MY blog, but I also did printing the digi stamp directly onto the digi paper *g* .. here's a link to my sample: http://sylviastamps.blogspot.com/2010/12/sassy-cheryls-color-me-challenge.html...but as said before.. not sure it could have been this 'oldie' on my blog that inspired you to do so ;-)

{hugs} Sylvia

Lisa Jane said...

This is one of my favourite colour combo's - i love the flower
Lisa ;)

Margo said...

Hi Dana,
this digi is adorable and your colouring makes her even sweeter !
Greetz
Margo

Brenda said...

Dana, this is so stinkin gorgeous. Your coloring amazes me. i wish we could sit down and color together so you could give me some prism pointers. Maybe you will do a video? hint, hint!!!

E.T said...

Wow Dana your colouring skills are AWESOME!

Wendy said...

Hi Dana!

Please go check it out. I have just showcased 2 of your cards on our Digi Bells blogspot!

http://digibellsdt.blogspot.com/2012/04/random-inspirations.html

Wendy