Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Outlawz - Monochromatic

It's another fun challenge for you this week at The Outlawz - POM (Prisma's and Other Mediums). I hate to keep beating a dead horse but I've picked up a lot of new followers and I just want to restate...
Prisma's - Interchangeable for ANY colored pencils.
Mediums - Anything you use to create your cards! Our only stipulation is that you cannot use Alcohol Ink markers (Copics, etc. ) We have a Copic/Promarker challenge every Friday.
Also, don't forget to check out all the other great challenges every day of the week! 
This month we have Sassy Studio Designs sponsoring us with a prize of 4 free stamps to the winner!!  We also have sponsoring the entire site with a $50 GC this month! You can enter one card each week for each of the challenges! So some great prizes for sure!! Ok, now on to this weeks challenge which is
Here's what I came up with:
She was colored with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended with OMS. A brief word about Odorless Mineral Spirits. If you are looking for it at Michaels, etc. you will not find a bottle labeled with Odorless Mineral Spirits. It is called Odorless Paint Thinner. I use the Mona Lisa brand.
Here's a close up:
Colors I used:
Skin: Peach PC939, Light Peach PC927, Blush Pink PC928, Pink PC929
Hair: Pumpkin Orange PC1032, Mineral Orange PC1033, Goldenrod PC1034.

I created the ruching behind her by simply using ribbon and double faced tape on a scrap of paper cut to the same size as the stamped layer. 
Here's a close up of the sentiment:
Sentiment is Hampton Arts.
Stamp: Forever Rose from Crafts and Me
Papers: K & Company

Wow... well if you hung with me to the end I sure hope you will play along in our challenge at The Outlawz! 

Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
Make It Colourful - Colour With Shine 
Stamp Something - March Digi Day



CardArTart said...

Wow, it looks stunning Dana. I love how the ruched ribbon kinda looks like her hair extended. :)

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card!

Sylvia said...

WOW Dana, this is another stunning card! Not only did you an amazing job on coloring this beauty, but I love all the texture on your card!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Andrea6760 said...

Wow, This card is gorgeous Dana! The coloring is superb and the color selections are fantastic! You are so talented!!


Frea said...

Hello Dana, love this card especially the pleated ribbon you put round your image!! I colour a lot with Derwent and OMS, I love the way it blends. Hugs, Frea

Lisa Jane said...

wow - your colouring is just stunning
Lisa x

Brenda said...

Dana, again such a gorgeous card. I just can't get over how well you color with everything that you pick up!!! Thanks for the tip on the OMS, hehe!! I actually was playing last night with it myself!!
Love the design of this card with that lovely ribbon!
hugs, Bren

*Vicki* said...

Dana, this is really gorgeous hun!! You've done such a beautiful job with the coloring!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Stamp Something!!HUGS

Leticia said...

This is such a beatiful inspiring card. I am so glad i got to see it. I am so pulling out my Prisma when i get home. AMAZE ZA ZING

tz said...

the little lady is a stamp, she is awesome. what stamp is she from, i want her lol.
Did a awesome job...

Diane said...

Awesome her hair..I want monochromatic card...I have a hard time doing these, you make it look the mix of all the tones!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

Silvie Z said...

wow, love how you colored her hair! Awewome result with the prismacolor pencils! The ribbon around the image look gorgeous too WOnderful job!

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous Dana, love that image. Hannah Lynn is one of my favourites. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

Mel said...

Oh how gorgeous, she is beautifully colored. Hehe, I just ordered her today too.


Wow, this is awesome!!!!

Donna Heber said...

Gorgeous image and coloring Dana!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Wow. This is stunning. I love just looking at your artwork