Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Outlawz POM Faux or Real Stitching Challenge

Lots of DT cards today, so browse around ; )
Our challenge for you this week at The Outlawz POM Challenge is real or faux stitching. Well, mine definitely has to be faux. Our sewing machine went kapput a while back and we've yet to replace it. 
I thought this adorable image from Diane Carubia called Bumpkin  available at Squigglefly was perfect for some faux stitching!!
She was colored with my Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Here's a close up:
Here's the list of the colors I used:
That was an easier way to keep track. Might start doing that with my Copics too! Next time I'll make sure it's a little bit better piece of scrap paper.. lol! 
Here's the flower:

You can see how I made that in my Flower tutorials in my sidebar. It's the first vid in the series of three. 



Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Dana, what an adorable card. Just love this little Bumpkin and what an appropriate sentiment too... stunning. You clever girl to write down what colours you've used on paper... I'll be sure to remember this next time I colour an image. Take care, hugs Sharon x

Brenda said...

Dana, Dana, Dana!! What a cute card. The paper choices are perfect with this image. love that blue checkered paper!!! I can't believe all the dimension you are getting from your prismas! Love it!

Jacee said...

Super cute Dana, such a sweet image and I love your colour choice.
Hugs Jacee

Lori m said...

You did a fabulous job, the stitching looks so real. I've yet to try sewing on my paper projects but do love the look.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is very cute dana! Love the image, and of course your amazing coloring! Great colors too!

Colleen Holmes said...

G-0-R-G-E-O-U-S!! Love your coloring with the pencils. Wish I had 1/10 of your amazing coloring skills!! TY for tutorial on the beautiful rose!! Hugz

Danni said...

Beautiful!! This has such a country feel to it..fabulous!