Monday, March 28, 2011

Squigglefly "Make Your Own Papers"

What a fun challenge we have for you at Squigglefly this week!!
We would like to see you Make Your Own Papers.
I love making papers!!! It is actually what got me obsessed with cardmaking. Before that I was making jewelry. I was working on some charms and wanted some cool papers to sandwich behind the glass charms I was soldering. I started playing in my stepmoms craft shop and the rest is history!! A lot of products have come on the market since I bought my first rubber stamp 15 or so years ago!!  
Here's my card:
I created my background paper using my Copic markers. You can see a tutorial here
The stamp is Bunny Basket and I adore it!! Here's a close up:
Here's the Copics I used:
The flowers are handmade (no die) and you can see how I made those here.
I hope you will pop over to the Squigglefly Challenge blog and show us what you can do with paper!!!
Oops.. almost forgot to add my Copics vs Prismas pic!! This one is so close I almost can't tell the difference! (Copics on the left)
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired by Flowers
I Did It Creations - Purple/Pink
2 Sisters Challenge - Make your own Embellishments
Shannon's Sentiments - Spring Colors
Totally Gorjuss - Spring has Sprung
Wee Memories - Anything Goes



cebelica said...

Such a cute card! I love the colurs and the image. Your coloring is fantastic and those flowers are awesome! I hope you're having a nice week ahead of you!


Lisa Jane said...

wow this is beautiful,
Lisa x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Loved the tutorial you tube video on using the copics to do background now just have to get the blending tool for it.. Thanks so much for sharing!
Shaz in Oz.x

Sherry Kushibab said...

Another absolutely lovely card - great tutorials, I am going to have to make some paper now (LOL)!! That stamp is adorable, I made a little money dog sitting last week guess we know where some of that money will go(as if there was ever a question about how it would be spent). TFS - have a great week.

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Fabulous image! Colored beautiful as usual! Love all the purple. Love the flowers. Love it all! Hugs, Bren

Roxann said...

Magnificent Easter card, gal! I love it.

Lori m said...

How pretty and your bunnies look so real like you can reach out and pet their soft fur.

Holly said...

that technique is perfect for spring and Easter cards! Love your coloring on this adorable image too!

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card.


*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness!! This is sooo gorgeous Dana!! WOW!! I adore the colors and your coloring on the image is just amazing!! I've never heard of making backgrounds with Copics before!! How cool and will have to give it a go!! Thanks for sharing!!HUGS

Shannon said...

Wow....give me a minute while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Your coloring is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

Danni said...

Very very pretty! Love all the purples!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

such wonderful coloring! I love your background paper, it turned out beautifully. Thank you for playing with with us at IDIC this week, I love visiting your blog!

Marianne said...

Amazing coloring!!!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!

Gemma said...

Dana this is beautiful, your colouring is lovely! Thanks for joining in with our Pink & Purple challenge this week at I Did it Creations :) Gemma

Diana said...

I knew you would knock this challenge outta the park - the paper you created is awesome and I loved your video. I was giggling so much during your funny parts. It sure is an illness hehehe.


Anniebee said...

This is just beautiful,Dana! I love the rich colors you used and I'm going to have to try your paper making technique too! I came here for the link to your flower-making tutorial and end up learning another new technique. I'll never catch up this way! Heh heh! Yours is one of my favorite blogs, in case you didn't know that.


Tracy said...

I know I keep saying your coloring is amazing, but it just IS! The design of the card is so pretty too. Beautiful flowers and the perfect punched accents. Love it!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow...amazing card! Your coloring is amazing!! Beautiful card!! Cute image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint!


Kat said...

Lovely image and colours. And I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

darling Ho said...

Wow!! Your handmade flowers are perfect!
Thanks for sharing it at 2SC. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Padster said...

Gorgeous card - the flowers are fabulous - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week

Janet said...

What a superb card and great tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls! Janet. DT Member