Monday, March 14, 2011

Squigglefly "Spring"

It's getting closer... Spring that is!! That's our challenge for you this week at Squigglefly. I saw this little guy and it just reminds me so much of my boys. I mean.. who can resist a big ol' puddle?? 
Obviously not this cute lil' fella!! I just love him!!! He's called Puddle Jumper. Here's a close up:
He was colored with Copics and here's a shot of those:
The sentiment is from Squigglefly too! It is a 8x10 journaling sheet that I trimmed down and just handwrote my own sentiment. It's called Happy Thoughts.
It really was Happy Thoughts while coloring this.  I was very nostalgic remembering all those days the boys came home from the bus stop soaking wet and muddy (usually with a worm or a frog hidden somewhere!!!).
I hope you will pop over to join our challenge this week! 

Purchase & Win!

Make a purchase this week (3/12 - 3/19 midnight) and be entered to win one of three prizes! For each image purchased, you'll be entered to win - make two purchases, your name will be entered twice, three purchases, your name will be entered three times - the more purchases, the more chances you have to win!

We'll draw three names to win:
  • First prize: Your choice of $25 worth of Squigglefly images
  • Second prize: Your choice of $15 worth of Squigglefly images
  • Third prize: Your choice of $10 worth of Squigglefly images

We'll announce the winner on the blog on Sunday, 3/20!

Hugs~
Photobucket

21 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful and fabulous coloring. I think big and little girls like to jump in puddles too.

Lori m said...

How cute, I remember those days when our son was young also, you never knew what you'd find in his pockets.

:) Lori m

Erica said...

Wow thst's a very sweet and colourful card, nice :) Hugs Erica.

Kimmarie Baker said...

LOL This is so cute! I was a puddle jumper! I love how you put his reflection in the puddle and the die cut you used. Your coloring is amazing! I have to go check out the digis! tfs

Patti J said...

Ha ha ha, love his little belly button! This is one fun card, dear friend! Love it - thanks for sharing!!!!

JanR said...

Wow Dana, your colouring is awesome, especially the reflection in the puddle!!

Brenda said...

Dana, sounds like our boys should have played together!!! I used to get so many calls from the school saying Reo had "fallen" in the mud puddle would I please bring him new clothes!!!
Your card is darling! Love the design, cute image and brilliant colors. Love the yellow rain coat!!

Anita said...

What a sweet card. Love the image and your coloring is fantastic.

Rosie said...

That image is sooo cute! I think it's depicts all little boys! I have 3 and they love puddles and rain!

Sheree said...

What a cute card! Excellent colouring and love the image... You can almost hear him squeeling with delight!

Jacee said...

How lovely Dana,a super sweet image, love it!
Hugs Jacee

Holly said...

Gosh Dana your coloring is just awesome! I love how you've gotten his reflection in the water puddle. Really cute papers and layout too - the faux stitching adds a lot!

meeshka said...

Hi Dana! What a fabby card! Your colouring is stunning! You really brought this little fella to life!
Love the DP's and sentiment too :)

Hugs, Meesh. XX

Mel said...

Dana, this is soooo cute and your coloring is fantastic.

Angela B. said...

Love this card Dana! So cute.. I do remember those days of my son being covered from head to toe in wet clothes.. what fun those days were they sure fly by way to fast.

Mrs Ham said...

This image is just so darn cute.

DoodleDee Designs said...

This is an awesome card Dana!!! I love everything about it. Every time I look at it I see a neat little element. That flower is so pretty! Hugs - Diana

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Dana! Your coloring is awesome.
what a cute image. Love your layout.
hugs Maz

Anniebee said...

Really cute card, Dana! As always, your coloring is outstanding. TFS!

Anne

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word!! This is totally ADORABLE!! I love this image and your coloring is amazing!! Cute card!!HUGS

Sylvia said...

this is sooooo fun, cheerful, wonderful, beautiful, outstanding, amazing and inspiring.. loooooove it!!!!
{hugs}
Sylvia