Thursday, April 21, 2011

Create Sand and Clouds with Watercolor Pencils Tutorial

I am really excited to share this technique with you. It is really fun!!  (and inexpensive!!)

And here's my finished card:

I can't wait to try this technique on cobblestones, rocks, cliffs, bricks... the list goes on and on!!! You could do a field of flowers so easy by flicking in some pinks, red, purples, yellow, and some greens!! Let me know if you give it a try. I would love to be see what you do ; )



Lisa Jane said...

It looks fab Dana - i love anything to do with the sea
Lisa x

Brenda said...

Another great tutorial Dana!! Seriously, there is so much you are talented with and then you bring it along into your card making!! Love it!!
hugs, Bren

Diane said...

Great video, Dana and good to be reminded of a really useful technique!
Diane x

Becky said...

Wonderful tutorial. I just love your coloring with pencils and how you share.

Angela B. said...

Don't look Angie. Don't look! You just bought all those Copic markers.. STOP!!! Your looking! I told you not to look!! Love the look & softness of pencils!!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Dana! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial!

Sheree said...

What a great tutorial! I am going to give this a try!

NancyD said...


I appreciate your blog so very much! I have already learned a lot about Copics and your techniques just by reading your posts and watching your tutorials.

I was recently bestowed an award and I would like to return the favor by sending it to you. I am sure you have been treated to lot's of awards - you deserve them! Please go back to my blog and pick up the award icon and then pass it on, and on.


Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

dana, dana, dana! this is awesome. great tutorial and absolutely GORGEOUS card!!!! you ROCK (no pun intended - lol).

have a blessed easter.

hugs :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh wow, I need to watch your tutorial!

I wanted to "comment back" :) If I had it to do over again on the copic coloring book, I think I'd use a 3 ring binder so I could put my pages in as I go easier and have more room on a page to write notes. The white binders with the clear front I could display my artwork would be perfect!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend Dana, it's been nice visiting with you via The Outlawz and blog comments! Hugs, Jan

Roxann said...

Woo hoo, fantastic tutorial! I crown you the Empress of Tutorials!

Pam S. said...

cool Dana! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Sylvia said...

it looks so beautiful! thanks so much for sharing this fun and cool but easy technique!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

~Michelle~ said...

very cute technique! I will have to remember this! :)

Anonymous said...

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your web site unintentionally, and
I'm shocked why this twist of fate didn't took place
in advance! I bookmarked it.
Feel free to surf my website - forex

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or
weblog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.
Reading this information So i'm happy to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I such a lot for sure will make certain to don?t omit this website and provides it a glance regularly.
Here is my blog :: erinmore

Anonymous said...

Wonderful article! We are linking to this particularly great content
on our website. Keep up the great writing.
Here is my website ... old holborn

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles or reviews daily along with a mug of coffee.
Look into my web-site ; captain black pipe tobacco

Anonymous said...

I simply could not go away your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual info a person supply
for your guests? Is going to be back frequently to investigate cross-check new posts
My web page amphora pipe tobacco

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic blog format! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The full look
of your website is wonderful, let alone the content!
Here is my web-site ; golden virginia tobacco

Anonymous said...

Howdy great blog! Does running a blog like this require a lot of work?
I've absolutely no knowledge of coding however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic but I just had to ask. Many thanks!
Also visit my web-site drum tobacco price