Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Just for Fun Fairy!!

First.. Bren, I promise!! As soon as I get my hands on those new fairies at Anita Be Stampin' I will be doing another "fun" card. For today though, I need to justify my recent spending spree at A Day For Daisies . So here's one of them:
I just love her!! Here's a few close ups:
The sentiment stamp is from Stampendous and is called April Showers.
It was stamped with Tim Holtz Faded Blue Jeans Distress Ink. I wanted to add some color but that ink won't hold up to my copics so I just added dots, being careful not to touch the ink.
Here's all the colors I used on the rest of the stamp:
Yucky photo, but easier for me to add the pic than to type it all out ; )
I really meant to add some stickles to her wings but totally forgot, oh well!! The flower embellie and paper is from K&Company.  The white grunge around the red panel is Copic Opaque just wiped on with my finger. It actually did a better job than using white acrylic paint!
Off to enter some challenges. Have a great day!

Challenges:
A Day For Daisies - In Stitches
Dutch Dare Card - Spring has Sprung
Paper Crafting Journey - For the Ladies in your Life
Shelly's Images - Flowers, Stitching and Bling
Flutter By Wednesdays - Fairy, Angel or Butterfly

Hugs~
Photobucket

25 comments:

Dorcas said...

gorgeous job Dana!

Gina L said...

Love the white opaque stuff...must get me some of that! As usual, your coloring is fantastic. Beautiful card! And you know Bren will come nag you if you don't use those images, now that you've promised. LOL

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word, she's so precious!! LOVE the flowers around her wings!! Fabulous coloring and design hun!! TFS!! Smiles, Vicki

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Dana! She is just so sweet! As always, your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for telling us how you worked your magic! Hugs...

Sherry Kushibab said...

Fabulous card - liking that certification up in the corner, glad to see they finally found you :) Hugs sister.

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful, you have the coloring to perfection and the skin tones are amazing. :) Lori m

Jean said...

She is such a cute image, great work on your coloring, doodled stitching and your 3 blings on each side of the image are great. I really liked reading why the Do'ed is on your pics!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Dana, A beautiful stamp, and you made a perfectly beautiful card!

Sheree said...

Wow!!! LOVE the image and colouring... another masterpiece!

Tracy said...

I'm just crazy about those ADFD digis aren't you! This is beautiful Dana. Sounds like you had fun using all those different techniques and products. Hugs!

Brenda said...

Wow Dana, this is a fabulous card. Really I need new words but I am out of them!! LOL. I think this ADFD image is darling and the opaque white is a super cool idea. Gorgeous, and you know I can't wait to see what you do with Anita's new fairies!!

Tracy S said...

This is gorgeous! I love what you did with the white opaque and the way you shaded her wings.. Love the grass you did and how you matted her in black with the white doodles. It really makes her pop!

Amanda said...

Wauw such a lovely image, great colouring, fab card. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's!

Shirl said...

Hi, just found your blog and I'm glad I did. What a lovely stamp and gorgeous work, I'm following! ... :0)

Susan said...

A gorgeous card Dana.
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable image Dana - your colouring is amazing! Jo x

Roxann said...

Fantastic! This just exudes lovliness!

kelly said...

gorgeous card lovely image.Thanks for joining DDCC

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Dana! LOVE how you did the edges with paint (I've seen Annika doing this very often and just LOVE the distressed effect!)
Ohhh.. and the fairy is soooo cute.. love the way you colored her and brought her to life with your coloring skills!
You are really a master of colors... no matter what medium you use!
{{{hugs}}} Sylvia

Craftdee said...

This is lovely, Dana, I know what you mean about the fairy images that are out there: I have an "embarrassment of riches" in my stash already and can't seem to stop grabbing more! Anita Be Stamping, I hear you say....sorry, got to go - only LOOKING of course, hhmm :-) Dee

Shelly's Images said...

Just beautiful Dana! And I love how you showed a picture of the colors you used. Thanks so much for helping us celebrate Scrappy's Birthday this week at Shelly's Images.

scripperscrapper said...

Wow, Dana! This is just beauiful. Love the colors, great job! Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card and the image is is beautifully colored, I love the white opaque around the card!!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Dana, your coloring is amazing! I love the layout of your card, too! Thanks so much for joining in the ADFD challenge~ hugs!

Janna Werner said...

Hi Dana, as already said: fabulous colouring! Thank so much for plaiying along at ADFD challenge! Janna