Monday, April 25, 2011

A Mermaid and an Announcement

I am thrilled to announce that I was chosen to be on the new icopic design team. I am beyond excited and cannot wait to get started! My term doesn't start until May 1st but feel free to pop over there and load up on some great stamps, markers, bakers twine.... the list goes on and on!! 
Now on to a card I made for a few challenges. Crafts and Me has a pink challenge going on and Make it Colourful is a challenge to color black hair.  So, here's my attempt at satisfying both ; )
That background was so much fun! You can see how I do those here. I really have to remember to not use dark blue cardstock anymore! For the life of me I can never get it to photgraph correctly and this is after editing it. The same thing happens to me with dark purple.
Here's the close up:
Last, but not least, here's the Copic colors I used:
B99 and B97 are not that dark IRL (in real life).
The stamp is from Crafts and Me and she is called "Hidden Treasures".  Ok, now off to link her up in some challenges. Hope you are having a great evening. It is storming to beat the band here (again!!).

Challenges:
Crafts and Me Challenge - Pink and Sweet (I think she's sweet)
Make It Colourful - Color Black Hair

Hugs~
Photobucket

21 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

WOOHOO!!!! What wonderful NEWS I am so very happy and excited for you and I'm sure you'll see me, as I like to play along with the challenges there from time to time.

I'm also simply THRILLED for you and know this must be a THRILL!!

Your talent is amazing and I can't wait to see what you come up with for us ALL!

Hugs,
Lis

Dorcas said...

Brilliant coloring Dana! And a big CONGRATULATIONS!!

Mandy said...

Woo hoo congrats Dana, they are lucky to have you on their DT.

OMG your colouring is so beautiful and her hair is just stunning
hugs Mandy xx

jimlynn said...

OMG!! Dana, I'm so excited for you and so very proud of you. I'm not surprised in the least as I think you color prettier than anyone I've ever seen! All your work is just gorgeous - just as this card is. So pretty and I'm so excited for you.
Lynn

Anniebee said...

That's awesome news, Dana! Congratulations on the appointment! Can't wait to see what you create for them. Thanks for dropping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment.

Anniebee

Sassylassy said...

OMG! This is a work of art! Stunning in every way!
Hugs Bonnie

Lori m said...

Congratulations, how exciting for you, can't wait to see the new things.

Hugs, Lori m

Sherry Kushibab said...

Big hugs to you girlfriend...I can say I knew you when - LOL - you do fantastic work with those copics I can understand why they would want you on their team....sad news for me is now that I have checked this sight out its gonna cost me money, lots of nice stuff and great prices. That is one awesome looking card here.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on the new DT position but it's not hard to figure out why they chose you! This is a gorgeous card too by the way.
Oh yes.. & thanks to you & your previous tutorial, I can now do an 'almost perfect' bow... no more rememdial bow classes for me! Thanks heaps.

kurlygirl said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Dana! You deserve it!

Brenda said...

Well of course you made the team Dana, I knew you would. Your coloring of this image is simply amazing. I think I need to get this image, print it a dozen times and work on this black hair. I have never seen it done so well!!
hugs, Bren

Lisa Jane said...

Congratulations Dana .. and i can see why they chose you when i look at that card .. just stunning
Lisa x

Carla S. said...

Huge congrats to you, Dana! Very well deserved! This image and your coloring are phenomenal!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! Your coloring is AMAZING!! (I have a difficult time photographing navy/dark blue cardstock too- it always looks black)

HUGE Congrats on being on the icopic DT!!! Well deserved I might add!! :)

tiggertastic said...

many congratulations- so so pleased for you hunny


hugs, Sarah xx

cebelica said...

Yay, congrats to you hun! You totally deserve it. I'm really happy for you! :D
And this card of yours is awesome. I LOVE the colours and the image is just amazing. Wonderful! Hugs!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Dana, CONGRATULATIONS honey. I am really NOT surprised at all. This is wonderful news. Well done! hugs Sharon x

Mina said...

huge congratulations Dana...I love your stunning colouring...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations on the design team too, yea!

Mel said...

Dana, a huge congrats to you on making the DT, your work is always so beautiful and they are lucky to have you.

Lynne Armstrong said...

CONGRATULATIONS Dana!! I'm not one bit surprised they chose you for the DT...your work is STUNNING :)
Hugs xx
BTW...the card is gorgeous :)