Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Outlawz POM Challenge - Spring Cleaning

This week we are challenging you at The Outlawz POM challenge to use your old stash hence "Spring Cleaning".
We also have a new sponsor this month for the POM group which I am thrilled to announce is Whimsy Stamps!! I used this adorable image from Meljens Digital Collection:

Isn't she adorable?? Her name is Tutu Sweet and that tutu was a dream to color!! Love all those layers!! She was colored with Prismacolor pencils. If you missed my post yesterday, I've upload two tutorials on coloring with Prismacolor pencils. These two were on hair and skin.

I added stickles to her dress. Here's a few other close ups:

Ok.. so what were my scraps? Can you tell? I created my background by punching 1 1/4" circles out of a bunch of my paper scraps. I'm really bad about saving little pieces that I never know what I will do with but can never bring myself to throw away. I just glued them down to a text weight piece of paper in a scallop/ fish scale pattern. My flower is also a digital page I downloaded from Fred She Said awhile back and never did anything with. And lastly I used  those scraps of ribbon behind the Happy Birthday (which is also a really old stamp I never use!!).
Shwew.. I feel better about using some of this stuff!
Sure hope you get the chance to come and join us!! Just remember, no Alcohol ink markers (copic/promarkers). We have a challenge group just for Copics on Fridays!

Challenges:
Ambers Craft and Stuff - Try a new technique (making that paper)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - 1 Image, 2 Embellies, 3 DP (there's a lot more than 3 in there.. lol)
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes + something new (making my paper)
The Stamping Boutique - Handmade Flowers

Hugs~
Photobucket

22 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a great way to create a background Dana - and the flower is beautiful
lisa x

Patti J said...

She really IS tu tu sweet!!!! What a darling card, Dana - thanks for sharing!!!

Reflections from Granny said...

How sweet, check out those toes and that beautiful dress, just so pretty!

:) Lori m

Ms. Jen said...

This is great and what a great use of your scraps! I love the ribbon on your sentiment.

Hugs - Jen

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow dana! this is absolutely stunning!!!!! and colorful!

hugs :)

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Dana - Thanks for the post about my font...I have been playing around and changed it to a font that was not quite ready!

I wanted to also THANK YOU for stopping by!! It's always a joy to see you.

Your new cards are awesome, as always and all of Melissa's designs (MelJen) have always been a favorite!!

:) Hugs,
Lis

Jacilynn said...

adorable! i love the ribbon on your circle. perfection girlfriend
:)

Marie-Anne said...

What a cute card.

Marie-Anne

Linda w said...

That background papers is just wonderful, quite some skill lady, to put all those circles together so that all you see is a pretty DP. What a great way to use up scraps. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's New Technique challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! How stinkin' sweet this is!! Your coloring is so pretty and I adore those added flowers!! TFS! Smiles, Vicki

Anniebee said...

Hi, Dana!

I'm thrilled that you decided to join us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! If you looked at the DT samples, you saw my box with the flowers I made using one of the techniques from your flower-making tutorials! Your videos are fantastic!

This card is really cute! It's quite different from your usual, which is part of its charm. Love the background paper you made! It reminds me of an old quilt. You put all those scraps to good use. I save small pieces of stuff too and now I'm inspired to use more of them.

Anniebee

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

This a soooo adorable! The colors are fab, just a beautiful, beautiful card!

Brenda said...

I love all the circles. It is like a quilt on paper!! colored beautifully, love the ribbon behind the sentiment. Very cute card!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week.
Cathy (GDT) xx

Miranda said...

goregous card Dana, the image is cute and the BP is fantastic, great idea. must do that myself because I have heaps of little scraps lying around erverywhere
thanks for joining the TSB challenge
hugs
Miranda

Sylvia said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute and adorable!!! I love Meljens images and you really did a GREAT work on this card!!!
Sylvia xx

Courtney said...

This is adorable Dana! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Sharon said...

Super card.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this time round, hope to see you again soon.
Sharon x

April said...

Wow...this is just darling. I love Meljens images!!! That flower is adorable! Thanks for joining us at TSB challenge!

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

The image is so adorable. And the colors are some of my faves!

Thank you for trying out a new technique this week and sharing it with us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Well, I don't even know where to start!! LOVE how you made your own paper and your coloring is beautiful as always!! Love the shading and sparkle on her petal skirt,

Amber's Crafts and Stuff said...

Hi,

Your card was chosen as a finalist at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Hop on back to our blog and grab your finalist blinkie at the bottom of this post.

http://www.amberscraftsandstuff.com/2011/04/finalists-and-winner-for-challenge-4.html

Congrats. We hope to see more of your awesome work in future challenges.