Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Outlawz POM Challenge - Try a New Technique

What a  fun challenge we have for you this week at The Outlawz POM challenge,  "Try a New Technique".  It doesn't have to be a brand new technique just something you personally haven't tried. 
We are thrilled to have Whimsy Stamps sponsoring the POM challenge this month!! 
The more times you enter, the more chances to win 3 images from their Digi line!
We also have SCACD and Oozak sponsoring gifts site wide for the entire month with amazing gifts so head over to The Outlawz to check those out too!!
Ok, now back to the new technique I used. I tried creating my whole scene in the background. I've done clouds before but this my first time creating a treeline and shore in the background.
It was so much fun to color!! That bow was made with a square of gauze (yes the kind of squares for bandages..lol!!) But I thought it added some texture and wasn't girly.. ya' know?

Here's a close up of just the image:
Isn't this image from Meljen just adorable??!!  It's called "Great Day to Fish". I colored this with Prismacolor Pencils and used Odorless Mineral Spirits. 
You may have seen my tutorial on doing clouds with Copics but for creating these types of clouds you can see tutorials by Dorcas using Prismas and Annika using Copics. Both are amazing!! 

Challenges:
Shannon's Sentiments - Inlcude an Animal
Simon Says Stamp - Card for a Child
A Spoon Full of Sugar - All Creatures Great and Small
Top Tip Tuesday - Spring Has Sprung (let me explain.. lol!! In our family warmer weather means the men folk get back to fishing!!)
Paper Playtime - Weather

Hugs~
Photobucket

23 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! I always love making a stop over to your blog to peek in on your wonderful creations!!

All of your projects are so full of creativity and are truly little pieces are ART! You have such a fabulous gift and it's so nice that you share it with us ALL!!

:) Hugs,
Lis

Brenda said...

Ok, really Dana, trees too!! Your creativity and talent never ceases to amaze me!! I just love what you have done with your card. Simply gorgeous!! I love your bow! And the twine, the stitching, and your sentiment! Gorgeous!!
hugs, Bren

Trina said...

This is fantastic from top to bottom! The background is amazing, and that is definitely a manly bow! :D

Holly said...

wow Dana, your coloring is just over the top! Your water is so realistic! Great job on doing the shore line too.

Reflections from Granny said...

I love this stamp!!! Too as I'll say "Stinking Cute"!!!

:) Lori m

Marie-Anne said...

Ohw, what a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

sarham said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image and your colouring is fab!

Lisa Jane said...

oh its so cute and that bow looks fab - who would have thought it was a bandage lol
LISA X

Carla S. said...

This is too cute, Dana! Love the background you created! It's perfect for the fun images! Great coloring!

Sylvia said...

ohhhhhhhhhh WOWZERS.. Dana.. your background scenery is PERFECT!!!! And of course the coloring of the sweet Meljen's image is fantastic, too!
You know I'm a huge fan of your work and can't stop staring at your gorgeous projects! I wish I had half as much talent as you have, g/f!!!
{{{hugs}}}
Sylvia

Maggie's Crafts said...

So cute!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Maggie
x

Glenda said...

Great looking card! Love the pretty background scene! The bow is cute! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda

Theresa said...

Love your card Dana! The background is just amazing, and that moose is just too sweet! I would never have guessed your bow was made from a square of gauze - what a great idea!

Tracy said...

Is this not fun--creating your own background! You did a fantastic job as always. Love the trees and the water under the dock is awesome. You rock color hero!

Joey said...

Hi Dana

fantastic card, your colouring is stunning

Joey x

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Hi Dana! Adorable! Love the twine and button! Just wondering if you could E-mail me so I could contact you. Crazy stuff going on for our friend Dorcas. slgibby2002@yahoo.com

Thanh Vo said...

You should win an award for colouring, Dana! You really work wonders with those pencils!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so fabulous Dana. Your colouring of the image and your background is fantastic.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Fun card! Enjoy your time with the "menfolk" outta the way fishing. :) Thanks for sharing this with us this week at TTT! :)

Ann said...

Adorable Dana; and your water is amazing! I'm going to have to remember to stop back to check out all the tutorias you mentioned! ;)

Shannon said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is stunning! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.

Dorcas said...

Somehow I missed this one, Dana. Its fabulous!! Thanks for the shout out. I love these moose images. (must be my New England roots...)

Cor* said...

Hey Dana! This is beautiful! A great boys card, love the texture and those clouds. Pls pop by my blog http://fancyfree4ever.blogspot.com/2011/04/last-minute-easter-creation.html My first attempt at your clouds ....could be darker but overall they worked!