Monday, April 11, 2011

Squigglefly "Fabric/Stitching"

It's Chelsea's team to inspire you this week for our Squigglefly challenge and she's chosen a fantastic theme!! So show us your Fabric or Stitching. Your stitching can be faux as I have done. Do I love my white gel pen or what??
I love this image from artist Cheryl Alger. It is called "Bunny Chit Chat".  Here's a close up:
You can see how I do my sky, grass and clouds here. The first part is just with your markers, from 6 minutes on is how I do this particular technique.
And how I make my bows here.
Here's the colors I used to with my Copics:
Geez, I really need to start using my scraps in a landscape orientation (note to self.. lol).
Don't forget to "follow" when you head over to the Challenge blog!! Just a few more followers and you can get 2 (yes 2!!) new Shy Bear images.  I would love it too if you pick up our Challenge badge and place it in your sidebar to help us spread the word about our challenges! Thanks!! Can't wait to see you join us!

Challenges:
The Crafty Pad - Spring
Paper Sundaes - Childhood Memories (well, I've never actually talked to a bunny, or rather, they never talked back)
Sparkles Forum - Easter
2 Sisters - Spring
Bee Crafty - Easter
Copic Creations - Your Favorite Technique (using a tranparency for my palette and creating some custom shading colors)

Hugs~
Photobucket

22 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh that image is fab.. i just love the expression on the bunny's face !
Lisa x

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card!

Marie-Anne

Sandra said...

Very beautiful card!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is just precious!! GORGEOUS card with your coloring and all of the stunning details!! This really rocks girl!! Smiles, Vicki

Brenda said...

Dana, another gorgeously colored image. Love your design. Just simply shows off the fabulous image and paper. Just stinkin cute!! Really!!
Hugs, Bren

Brenda said...

Oh yeah, and I became a follower at Squigglefly, one of these days I really will get this challenge done!!

Patti J said...

So sweet, Dana! That image is delightful, and as always, colored beautifully! Have a great day, and thanks for sharing this lovely creation!!! Hugs...

Angel said...

OH WOW!!!!

This is jus way too cute for words, fantastic card.

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Huggies Angel

Roxann said...

Oooh, I so love this card! Your coloring is amazing and this is just the cutest.

Tracy said...

How adorable is your card !?!?!
Your stitching is perfect.
That image is tooo cute.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply adorable, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

Holly said...

Super cute Dana, and your coloring is just perfect!

Jacee said...

What a lovely card you've made with this fabulous image, fabulous!
Hugs Jacee

laney said...

Wow Dana a fabulous card and your colouring is perfect ...I definitely need lessons LOL!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations hope to see you again
hugs
laney

Lorraine said...

Great card. Totally love that image. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Rose said...

Dana, you've made your Bunny Chit Chat image look lovely filled with Copics. Love those great shadows on your white things. Your background coloring really helps to complete your image. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGoodness!! What an absolutely adorable image! Your coloring is just AMAZING!!

Cor* said...

ooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee girl This is sooooooooo adorable! Once again, great sky (I ordered my appropriate copics- YAY) and wonderful coloring all around. Perfect layout. Thanks so much for sharing your EASTER creation with us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! Best of luck to you!

Colleen Holmes said...

This made me giggle big time! Very pretty with wonderful coloring and beautiful DP and layout!!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is so adorable! I love the image and the sentiment is just priceless! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us in The Crafty Pad – Spring Challenge Fair winds and following seas, The Navy Wife.

Debs said...

super image so utterly adorable, fabulous papers too, thanks so much for joining our Easter Challenge at Creative Inspirations, we hope to see you again soon
Debs
xxx

alicaz said...

so cute! Love your coloring!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week and sharing your childhood memory!

Hugs,
Alica ;)