Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gorjuss and Sarah Kay

I had the chance to play with the new Decoupage Sheets they are carrying at icopic. I used the set called Pirate and Awash. Absolutely perfect when you are in a bind and still want something handmade. It comes with the die cut images all ready for layering and a matching sheet of cardstock.
Here's a few close ups so you can see the layering:
And because these images make me think of Jack Sparrow I had to add some hemp and beads:
And now for the mermaid:
She's only layered up once but here's a close up of that and the bow:
That bow was made with my chalk white seam binding that I dyed with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I just laid a long piece out on some waxed paper and rubbed my ink pads across in random spots, both front and back. I used Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint and Faded Jeans. Then I spritzed it with Copper Glimmer Mist and scrunched it up. I dried it by fluffing slightly under my heat tool, all the while mopping up the excess ink off the wax paper. I love the way this turned out.. like it's been sitting under water getting covered with algae.
And you know I just can't pass up the chance to color so I also made a card using a Sarah Kay image from Stampavie.
Here's a close up:
I love using my BV's for shadows, especially on whites. Here's the copic colors I used:
Now that only leaves the bow with my Divine Twine
and the sentiment from Amy R called Sassy Sentiments
That's all for now except that I hope to see you over at the challenge this week which is Advanced Shadowing (add a shadow to your image). 
Hugs~
Photobucket

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Ahoy there matey - fab cards lol.. i just love the pirate one and the decoupage
Lisa

Trina said...

Love the Jack Sparrow beads! Your seam binding does look quite awesome, and thanks for the tip about shading with the BVs!

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!You are always do fantastic job.
Hugs Nataliya

ThePurplePlace said...

These are ALL fantastic and I'm totally enjoying learning more and more from you each day!!

I really loved the layered cards you created with the Gorjuss gals and also love the idea of dying your ribbon/binding with distress inks!!

Thanks so much for being such an inspiration and delightful person!!

Hugs,
Lis

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer Dana!! I am so loving BOTH of these creations!! Gorgeous details and coloring!! I'm so totally in love with those Sarah Kay images!! :)

Brenda said...

oh my gosh!! These cards are amazing. so many techniques. I love the first two, with their colors and seam binding and sentiments. Love the multi colored binding. GORGEOUS!
Then the Sarah Kay is colored so perfectly (of course) and the design and papers are perfect!! How are you getting time for such fabulous creations with Joshie there?
hugs, Bren

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! I REFUSE to pick a favorite...I LOVE them all. :)

Tracy said...

Okay, you're my guinea pig to see if I can get around Blogger and get this comment to post.
You remember that cartoon character, Muttly or Mumbly, a scruffy critter of some sort always grumbling under his breath? That's me right now with Blogger. LOL
Love your cards. I haven't done any decoupage sheets in a LONG time. I love the mermaid and especially the way your ribbon turned out and SK's are always cute.
Let's see if this works. have a good one! Hugs!

iCopic said...

love love love...Only you Dana can show such inspiration.

Ash

Dorcas said...

Oh I loooove that Sarah Kay image! Beautiful! I've missed so many of your lovely projects in the last week or two. My many duck emergencies have distracted me to no end. I hope I can back to my blog stomping soon.(before I go crazy, that is). TFS, Dana!

NancyD said...

Dana,

Your right about the first two images - great in a hurry with no coloring. Very cool images and will work in a variety of situations.

I really love the Sarah Kay image - so contemporary! And what's not to love about a girl and her cat? The coloring is exquisite as usual.

Nancy

Thanh Vo said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects, Dana!