Sunday, May 1, 2011

One Crazy Stamper - Just Rite "By The Sea"

It's May 1st and that means it's time for a brand new challenge at One Crazy Stamper. Our theme all month long is "Boys and Men"!! So let's hear it for our men! C'mon... I can hear you groaning!! lol. It's not that hard ; )
Look at these great stamps that Lora carries from Just Rite Stamps called By the Sea:
I stamped this on 140lb. Cold pressed Watercolor paper with Staz-On in black. I then colored it with watercolors but after the fact really wish I would used Distress Inks.
Here's a close up:
You can find all kinds of glorious blue textured Bazzill cardstock here
I made this to give to my husband for our 27th Anniversary coming up next week so I parted with one of my beloved shells from the OBX (Outerbanks of North Carolina). The ocean is so rough there that most of the shells you find are just worn down to nothing but I still collect them because I think they make awesome pieces for jewelry after they're shined up. Here's a shot of that:
Ok, I think that's all there was to it besides the twine with a sailors knot. 
Don't forget, you have a chance to win a $25 Gift certificate
for playing along in the challenge!

Hugs~
Challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - One for the Boys
The Crazy Challenge - Cards for Men
Cupcake Craft Challenges- Something beginning with the letter "C" (Coastline)
Stamps R Us - For the Men in our Lives
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - No Designer Paper

16 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning. Love the design.

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love to be by the sea - so this is wonderful. Love the embellies too
Lisa x

Sassylassy said...

Hi Dana! You crazy stamper you! Ha lol Yup Yup Yup that's me you hear groaning I can't do I just can't do it. But I'll enjoy your awesome man card. It's simply AMAZING!!!
hUGS bONNIE

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card Dana!

Jacilynn said...

love the colors and love the perfect embellishments you've added. Great Guy card!

Brenda said...

Really gorgeous Man card!!! Love the image/sentiment. Congrats on 27 years. Hope you are doing something fun. And what is OBX? I asked my hubby who was born in NC but he didn't know either!!
hugs, Bren

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Happy Anniversary! Great card and perfect for a guy! Love the texture and the mesh! Love the shell too. The nice thing about it being for your hubby is that you still sort of have it.!

Sandy Ang said...

Wow that background really looks like a wire mesh effect. Love the textures you used on this card

sari said...

What a wonderful card! makes me lond after summerdays by the sea... =)
Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & sunshine!/Sari

tampatha said...

this is fabulous! Such personal detail. Beautiful. Thanks for joining our masculine challenge at The Crazy Challenge this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy

Grace said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! I love this image and how perfect for an anniversary! Your coloring is great!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in CHrist!

Donna said...

Amazing card, such a beautiful scene! Thank you for joining in the Cupcake fun this week and good luck! :) Donna x

Poppit said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeous theme. Love all the little details that bring the theme together. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

Faye said...

What a fabby card. I love your C element. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. x

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous card, I really get the feel of the beach, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is a great card, wonderful colors and the image is so relaxing. Thank you for joining as at Stamps R Us.