Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Crazy Stamper - TGF Friday

It's Tuesday so that means it's my day to inspire you for One Crazy Stamper! There's still time to get in on our Men/Boys Challenge for this month. I chose to create a Fathers Day Card for my daughter to give her dad using The Greetings Farm - Friday:
This card had about 4 different remakes and of course, they were all after coloring her with my copics (sigh). My neck and shoulders are paying the price today. But I live by the saying "Practice makes perfect" so I have gotten a little better and learned some things doing her eyes!!  I usually use the Sketch markers but I do own a few of the originals. They are perfect for doing eyes.  The have harder, denser tips that aren't as great for blending but much better for small/detail areas.
Here's the copic colors I used:

The B00 and B04 are the orginals I used. And here's a close up of Friday:
She was stamped on both Xpress It Blending card and patterned paper with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black so I could paper piece her little pants.
I used Copic opaque and Art Institute Glitter around the edges of the background panel. I just couldn't give up any of those fantastic wings that were a part of the paper. You can see the glitter better here:
I also did a lot of distressing with Tim Holtz Distress Ink  in Dusty Concord. I really like making my own sentiments like this...it looks like either a ransom note or scrabble tiles. It is also the result of just being too lazy to go downstairs to grab my laptop to create a sentiment!!  I also used my "You Rock" ticket that you can grab on my freebie page. 
Thanks so much for looking and I hope you will swing by both the blog and the store to load up on inspiration, challenges and crafty goodies!! In case you didn't know, Too (the manufacturers of Copics) has already announced price increases will be coming this summer. Better stock up now!! Lora definitely has the best prices w/shipping for my Canadian friends!!

Hugs~
Photobucket


Challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Woodware USA - Anything Goes
I Did it Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Lori m said...

She's precious, what Dad wouldn't love this adorable card?

Hugs, Lori m

Marilyn said...

What a great card! Fab image & I love the colours you've used.

Brenda said...

Fabulous!! Great card Dana. Love the design, how you incorporated the wings. Now, did you color this image through 4 times, or did you start with the eyes? Cuz I really hate when you have to start again. So much Copic ink!!
I love the way you added the glitter to the edges and your paper piecing!!
Just gorgeous!!!
hugs, Bren

Chelle said...

Your card is awesome. Great work.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is stunning. i love he image and that DP is perfect
Lisa x

Frea said...

Hi Dana, what a great fathersday card!! Love it, and your colouring is stunning. I'm no where near as good as you. Hugs, Frea

Anonymous said...

It's a GREAT Father's Day card!!! I am sure your Hubby will be elated! I saw your card on the Make it Monday blog! Have a great week!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Dana. FAB Dad's card .Such a trendy chic image .Love it . thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Janette said...

Great card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This card ROCKS!! I love the way you've created the sentiment and all the sparkle along the edges.

Mary J said...

Such a cool card, Dana! Love those colours!

Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party too!

Mary J x

Dawn said...

Hi Dana, Wonderful card, love the colours. Darling image and the ticket stub goes perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

thescrapmaster said...

LOVE this, your TGF's hair is awesome!!
Hugs,
Samantha