Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Outlawz POM Challenge - Embossing

Hi everyone!! This week our challenge at The Outlawz POM Challenge is Embossing. You can interpret that any way you would like.. embossing powders, embossing folders, embossing with a stylus. I opted for embossing with white embossing powders and then distressing with Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Inks.
I rather like it! The flower and sentiment are from Unity and the butterfly is from Hero Arts "Antique Engravings". The butterfly was stamped on vellum and embossed. 
I just recently got my seam binding!! (woop! Woop!!) It was so easy to dye the white with my Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I didn't have to use a reinker. Just ran the stamp pad over the ribbon front and back. I crinkled it up and dried it with my heat gun trying to just fluff slightly to not loose the crinkles.  
I think this is one the fastest cards I've ever made!
We are also having a party at The Outlawz to launch the beginning of summer:
So if you haven't been by in awhile head on over and join a challenge or two (or three or four) and see what all the hoopla is about ; )

Hugs~
Photobucket

12 comments:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card. So very elegant and the color of pink is so pretty. i love your seam binding. Love the butterfly!! Simply gorgeous!!
hugs, Bren

Tracy said...

White embossing has such a crisp clean look to it. Love this Dana! :-)

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love it Dana! The white really stands out! Also love that you can dye the seam binding! So pretty! Now I have to get some!

Lori m said...

Dana this is just gorgeous, and thank you for stopping my my blog and leaving me some love.

Hugs, Lori m

kurlygirl said...

This is gorgeous! When I'm going through my reader, I try to comment on things I like and sometimes I don't pay attention to who's blog I'm going to. You have no idea how many times I end up at your blog before I realize... "oh, here I am at Dana's blog again!" Love your style! ~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

Rosie said...

LOVE the card! I've been trying to get into some challenges, but I have a hard time with them a lot because I tend not to like the requirements. My brain wants to do it's own thing and won't listen to me most of the time! Just hopping by all my blog friends, letting everyone know I have blog candy up for grabs and checking out what everyone's been up to. Have a great day!

Tracy S said...

Oh my goodness I love it! I have some white embossing powder but never thought to ink over it. I love the look and that crinkled ribbon you made is fab. Thanks for sharing how you did them... It inspired me to try some things.

jimlynn said...

SO pretty Dana! Love that seam binding too! Beautiful card.
Lynn

Sheree said...

What a beautiful card Dana!! Love the embossed image and the butterfly is fabulous! Thanks for the tip on colouring seam binding. I just love the tints available with Distress inks! Well Done!

AUsome mom said...

Hi Dana! Just found your blog today and oolala....so glad I did!! I'm a beginner with Copics and your face & hair color chart is soooo helpful! You are one talented little lady & I'll be back often!!

Diana.butler@gmail.com

Carla aka scrappypug said...

OOhh this is so pretty! Love those colors!

Donna Heber said...

Very pretty Dana! I love your white embossing with the pink background.