Monday, May 23, 2011

The Outlawz - Sentiment only

Two posts today so make sure to scroll down for my Squigglefly card ; )
Hi everyone! First for a bit of news. We've switched things up a bit on The Outlawz Design Teams. I and my teamie Crystal have moved to The Greeting Cards challenge that happens every week on Mondays.  This will allow both of us to use our copics ; )
Replacing us on The Outlawz POM team are Marti and Ileana so I hope you will swing by and give them a warm welcome!!
This weeks challenge for The Greeting Cards challenge is to not use any stamp but your sentiment. Here's mine:

I know.. it looks more like fall than summer but it didn't start that way, it just sort of evolved.  The sentiment is from The Great Outdoors set from Inkadinkado.
I used Tim Holtz Rice paper tape and copper foil tape to accent the edges of the outermost panel. You can get a better look at that on this close up of the flower:
I finally used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die that I had won as part of a great candy package from Wendy. I love the way it turned out!  
Ok, what else? Papers are K&Company. The butterflies were punched with Martha Stewart butterfly punch. The seam binding is Snug Hug and I got it here. I dyed it with my Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Ink in Cocoa Brown and distressed with Wild Honey and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. 
Some rafia and bakers twine and stick a fork in it, we're done!
Don't forget about the summer party coming up too!!
Card Makin Mama's - Recipe  1 Image
                                 2 Patterned Papers
                                                                   3 Different Types of Embellishments



Sheree said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a masterpiece Dana!! Autumn colours are my favourite! Love the sentiment, layout and paper you chose.. The embellishments really make this pop! The copper edges are so unique and I must look into that!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! Love the color combination. Cool way to use that foil tape too. I keep looking at it but never buy it. I love my TF die but don't use it as much as I'd like. Probably because some of the flowers are so large. It's a winner!

Brenda said...

Wowzers Dana!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Love the color choices. The papers, flowers, punches, ribbon are all perfect together. Love that sentiment. Gorgeous card!!

Diane said...

I love this, Dana! Faced with that challenge I think I would have just panicked but this is fabulous!
Diane x

Becky said...

Beautiful creation the flower.

Frea said...

Hi Dana, wow I love this card, it looks very Tim Holtz style, great work.! Hugs Frea

Julie said...

Goodness Dana,this is such an amazing card,just love the autumn feel,stunning! Julie x

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the focus on the sentiment and the fabulous details.

Pink Crafter said...

I found your blog on Outlawz under the looking for followers forum. I love the effect on your flowers.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! This is beautiful. The flower turned out great!! :)