Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Surfer Ian for icopic

What a great card I have to share with today for icopic! The challenge this week is to color with reds. I used to be so afraid of reds. Now they are some of my very favorites so I just had to give Ian a red surfboard!
Isn't he just the cutest!! That's Surfer Ian from The Greeting Farm. I began by stamping him with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black on Copic X-Press It Blending Card. 
I created the backgrouds by sponging around shapes for the clouds and waves with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I used Broken China for the water and Tumbled Glass for the sky. I used the smallest scallop oval Nestie for the clouds and the waves I used a Sizzix die I bought used, so sorry, I don't have the name.
Here's a close up the white splatter I added with Copic Opaque:
Sorry it doesn't show up better but I love that stuff!! If you haven't invested in any yet I think you will really like it! I love also using it to grunge up the edges of panels. 
Here's the colors of Copics I used:
And here's a close up of the sentiment I created:
You can grab the sentiment I created:
I hope you will find time to pop over and join the challenge this week! Red's can be a whole lot of fun!!


My Time to Craft - Scallops
Try it on Tuesday - One for the Boys
Cards For Men - For Someone Special (my nephew)
Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes


Lisa Jane said...

LOve this .. its the sea again lol - fab calouring ..Lisa x

Brenda said...

Darling card. Great coloring. I love the clouds and waves. Sentiment is perfect!!! This is one I can do cuz you know I love my reds!!
hugs Bren

kurlygirl said...

Dana this is gorgeous! I just love the clouds and waves! How creative! Great job!

Roxann said...

Oh he is just the cutest! Love, love this card!

Tracy said...

I haven't gotten "unafraid " of reds yet. LOL Great job on this card. Those waves look awesome. :-) Hugs!

Marie-Anne said...

What a great card.


Lionelsa said...

Lovely way to made the sea.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Cazro said...

Terrific card for the boys. Thanks for joining us at TIOT during our TAG week. Caz

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Your coloring is always so impressive Dana! Love the clouds and the waves! Great sentiment too! Thank You!

Danni said...

Oh my word is this great!! Wow! You are just so talented! Love it!

Chrissy said...

Oh! He's just gorgeous. His hair look so shiney..what a geat card.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’


Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous image and it looks so sunny to. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyx

Mary J said...

Oh Dana - just brilliant!!! Love it! Roll on summer!

Thx for joining us at the Make It Monday link party!

Mary J x

Cazro said...

Terrific fresh and cool card, thanks for joining us on our TAG week at TIOT. Caz

deesdesigns said...

I am in awe of your coloring - perfection! Your card is just perfect for our scallops challenge at My Time To Craft, thanks for joining us this week.

Donna Heber said...


So cool! Just love your sky and the waves.

Colleen Holmes said...

Yea!!! Sunshine and water!! very cute and cheerful card which makes me want to be on the beach now!! Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

In your card we need a lot of that. Love the sunshine and warm water. Your image is so cute. I love to see your creations. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia