Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crafthouse Press - Fabulous Lingerie

What an amazing stamp I have to show you today from icopic!! It is from Crafthouse Press and is called Fabulous Lingerie:
Is that not gorgeous?? All girly and feminine, you just know it had to have some pink and bling : ) I always want to jump to the "good" parts but you can't achieve good coloring without first good paper and Memento Ink.  I stamped the lingerie in Tuxedo Black and the sentiment from Amy R in Rich Cocoa Brown.  My designer papers are from the Wild Rose Studio Girly Polka Dot paper pack.
Our challenge this week is airbrushing and I airbrushed the background of my nestie shape. Since my stamp is all paper pieced I didn't have to do any masking.  Here's a close up:
You can see a tutorial on how to create that background using your airbrush and colorless blender by Jan here.
After stamping my lingerie pieces on my patterned paper I added some shading. I used R85, R83 and R81. I cut those out and them Mod Podged some actual lace over the top of it. Those layers ended up being glue to plain white card stock for a little more stability.  Once that was dry and transparent I did a little bit of relininig of the image with my copic multiliner. 
I hope you check out all the new products icopic is carrying and also join in the challenge this week. Show us what amazing things you can do with your ABS!!

Creative Craft Challenges - Create your own backing papers 
(Mine is the background on the nestie shape)
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Your Fav Background (colorless blender stamping on Airbrushed background in nestie)
Crafty Cardmakers - Spots and Stripes
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes



Trina said...

Dana,this is great! I love the bows you added and the sparkle on the "foundations." (you know that's what polite women down here in the south call underwear...) ;) Shading paper pieced things can make such a difference in the look!

Marilyn said...

OMGosh Dana, this is cute, cute, cute! Love the image and all the sparkle... going to go check out that stamp set so thanks for the inspiration.

Becky said...

This is so cute Dana..

Brenda said...

Wowza girl, that is a lot of work on that adorable lingerie!! There is just no simple coloring with you is there?! LOL. I love this card, of course you used my FAVE copic colors! I love this sentiment as well. Love what you did with your airbrush!

Anniebee said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! I remember when I could wear fancy undies like these! I like the airbrush effect but I don't own the gear to do it myself. Pink, polka dots and bling... what more could a girl want, I ask you! Love it!

Anne B.

Sylvia said...

ooh la la :-))
This is gorgeous, Dana! Love all the sparkle around the edges and on the lingerie.. great card, sweetie!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Anne Fenton said...

Dana...this is so cool...I love the image and your coloring and embellishments are so perfect.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Dana, this is a beautiful card, wow!

You silly girl, I learned how to do that background with the colorless blender from you :) It IS fun!

I have a link to PC Crafter for you but the image doesn't come as a line drawing:

I Have a Stampin' Up! set from 2003 called Halloween Smiles that has an image that is similar, would you like me to stamp you some to color?

Hugs, Jan

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute and girly! Love the sparkles and those rhinestone flourishes! Love the spots and dots too!

Jacee said...

What a fab card Dana, such fun, love it!
Hugs Jacee

Michele said...

i love your airbrushed background! thank you for joining the "my favorite background" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Chrissy said...

Gosh, I could do with a bit of air brushing, then I could wear this sort of gorgeous card, love the colours and sparkle.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’


Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Crystal said...

HEHEHe wish I could fit in that cute set LOL!!! I LOVE the sparkle Dana and what a fun layout!

Naomi said...

Wow, this is SO cute, Dana! I LOVE how you used real lace on the lingerie and the little bows you put on them, too..SO PRETTY!

Kerrie said...

What a great fun card!

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Vicki Romaine said...

Wow so sexy and cute. I will have to try this background. Thanks for joining My Favorte Background at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.