Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crafts and Me Challenge

Hi all!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We've had a very hectic week so I was really looking forward to getting some coloring done. It helps me to relax and concentrate on nothing else but the next brush stroke ; )
I just got some new colors and I had a lot of fun trying out some new (new for me anyways) colors!
The new colors I tried are the darks for her hair and the pinks. 
I was inspired to try these new pinks after seeing Bev Rochester's coloring tutorial last week.  I've modified my blends slightly from hers mainly because I don't use any additional prismas like she does. Here's a close up:
The image is from Crafts and Me and is called May Digital Stamp.
Heres swatches of the copic colors I used:
I used Y21 to color my seam binding. I just colored directly on it with my chisel tip. I did end up spritzing it with some colorless blender and adding a few drops of Y21 reinker.  My new pinks I used on her dress are RV32, RV11 and blended those with two I already had R81 and R85.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Challenges:
Crafts And Me  - Punch it Out
Inspire Me Friday - Anything Goes
Stamp Something - June Digi Day
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Something that Flies
Cute Card Thursday - Embellish your Main image


Hugs~
Photobucket

14 comments:

Eskimo Frosting said...

Your colouring is fantastic and love the card.

Jayne
x

Lori m said...

Stunning Dana, enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Lori m

jimlynn said...

Fantastic - as always!! Lovely image and coloring. So pretty.
Lynn

Tracy said...

Just stunning Dana, all your work is just so stunning.

Kimmarie Baker said...

This is grogeous! It has been a couple weeks since I stopped by. I have to go peeking around tomorrow and catch up on my copic inspiration. I haven't colored in almost a month... so busy. Stop by my blog tomorrow and see our Thank you to teachers blog hop. http://kimmarieskorner.blogspot.com

Shari said...

Lovely card Dana! Your coloring inspires me to keep improving.

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful image Dana and i love that die cut frame
Lisa x

Brenda said...

Dana, another beautifully covered image. Your card is beautiful. Don't ya just love knew colors?!! I am loving this seam binding you keep using!!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

So pretty Dana! Very girly I love it! The splash of yellow is perfect too!

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Vee said...

Such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sylvia said...

oh my word.. Dana did it again! :-)
Gorgeous card with an absolutely fantastic and perfect coloring!!! You are my coloring hero, Dana *smile*
I usually don't miss Copics ... but everytime I visit your blog I wish I had some (not that I think I could ever be able to color as perfect as you do.. but your gorgeous cards always makes me so desperately wanting to just TRY them)

Wishing you a wonderful week, hunny
{hugs} Sylvia

*Vicki* said...

Hi sweetie! This is so stunning!! Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! *Vicki* ~ Sr. DT member

Vixykins said...

Stunning work Dana, colouring is spot on and great choice with colour too. Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me Challenges and pop back tomorrow for our new challenge x