Monday, June 6, 2011

It's a Party at The Outlawz!

All week long we are having our summer party at The Outlawz so grab your sunscreen, flip flops and whatever else means hot summer fun to you and jump in the pool! 
Help us spread the word and get a chance to have Marti Wills, Pezadoodle Designs, design a customized banner, watermark, and signature for YOUR blog, all you have to do is add our party flyer (copy mine above) to a POST on your blog and have it link back to The Outlawz! You can put the flyer in your sidebar, but make sure you blog about the party too; only those with posts will be eligible for the prize. Create your Outlawz Summer Party post then enter your information with Mr. Linky before 11:30 pm EST on Thursday, June 9, 2011 for your chance to win! Every post you create and link with Inlinkz will give you another chance to win. And you know you want to win! ;D Inlinkz for postings is in drop down menu under Inlinkz on the top tool bar.
The sponsors who are making our party a huge success!!
$25.00 Gift Certificate (Merchandise only)

  
                                      
     Marti Wills
Custom Banner, Watermark and Signature

                  One Year PDF subscription to "Through The Craft Door"
by Marti Wills and Suzanne Dean

$25.00 Crafting Supplies

       Sweet Summer - Clear Mount Set of 9

Ippity Stamps $20.00 Gift Certificate


                             

 Whimsy Stamps 5 Digital Stamps of your choice


Marti Wills

Fred She Said
$15.00 Gift Certificate

Digi Stamps 4 Joy
3 Digital Stamps


Art Impressions
$20.00 Gift Certificate

                                        
Michelle Perkett

4 Digi Stamps







      Anary: Gilli goodie bag



4 Digi Stamps

OK? You still with me?? Good, because here's my card for your inspiration to come join me and the whole group in The Greeting Cards Challenge!! Our theme this week for the party is Hot, hot, hot a summer theme.
Are ya' laughing? Good, because I sure did the first time I saw this image at Mo's!! I just love her. She's a little too plump and too old for the bikini but she's still rocking it and having a good time doing it. She also seems a little too oblivious that the tide is creeping in.. lol! Just one more drink, then I think she'll be moving her towel further up the beach ; )
Here's a close up:
And a side view so you can see how she's popped up:
Here's the color swatches for the Copics I used:
I did forget to list the colors I used for the airbrushing I did on the water and sand. Those colors were E33, E31 and a pop of E30 for the sand. The water is BG72, BG15 and BG10.  I masked off the white caps with liquid masking fluid.  I also added more frothy parts after the airbrushing was done and I had removed the masking fluid with Copic Opaque. I also used the Opaque on the dots on her bikini. I knew I wanted it to look like a photo so I taped the whole panel down using my gridded cutting mat as a guide to get nice straight lines. I used painters tape which pulls back up nicely.
Shew... what a long post! But look at all those goodies! I sure hope you'll get a chance to enter one of the challenges at The Outlawz

Now here's the list of challenges she's jumping into:

Challenges:
Make It Colorful - Cast a Shadow. It's there, but minimal since she's baking in the sun. I also added shadows under the waves.
Catered Crop - Recipe (summer theme, pearls and punches)
The Corrosive Challenge - Summer Colors
Crafty Ho's - Summer - Let the Fun Begin
Word Play Weekend challenge - Things with tails (ponytails allowed)
Paper Cutz Challenge - Beach or Travel

Hugs~
Photobucket

14 comments:

Shari said...

She's fabulous, and your coloring as usual is amazing!

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, I always expect perfection, but really this is so amazing. Your coloring is beyond amazing with the sand and the waves and the foam on the waves. Her skin is perfection!!! Love, love the design of this card. Love that you made it look like a photo!!
hugs, Bren

Trina said...

Dana, you're too much! Just know that my fluff doesn't look nearly this good in a two-piece! Mine comes with rolls and stretch marks! :D
You colored this whole thing absolutely perfectly! How in the world did you manage to cut out that teeny straw?

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Dana! What a fun card, she is just fabulous! Thanks for all the details on how you've created your card, I like the way it looks like a photo because you've taped off the edges. Very nice & thank you so much for your inspiration :) Hugs, Jan

Holly said...

super fabulous card Dana! Your masking really was a great idea to make it look like a photo.

Donna Heber said...

I just love your card Dana. Just fun in the sun!

Ellie said...

OMG this is fabulous. Love your coloring, and what a fun image!!

Colleen Holmes said...

Dana, your card cracks me up!! Love how you designed it and giving us all the great deets on it! Super nice and ty! Hugz

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is cute, thanks for sharing!
hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness! I about spit out my coke laughing at this. Yeah, and I was at work no less. What a hilarious image. Gotta love Mo. And your beach scene - amazing!! Thank you for playing and sharing this with us at Catered Crop.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Wow what a fun party! I must get it on that! Love the card! Too funny! Your coloring is always fantastic! The water and sand are amazing!

Marilyn said...

Fab-U-lous!

Ildiko said...

WOW I'm speechles. This is stuning. I was on D2D free image challenge and your card caught my eye so went to look at it then I got to your bloog after looking your cards on Splitcoast. Your cards just AMAZING, where did you get the sentiments for the chair. They just fab. Thx for all the inspiration
hugs
Ildiko

Katherine said...

Dana - so many things to say about this card, your technique - everything about it is amazing! I still can't quite figure out how you did the water and sand - you are uber talented!!! Also, this image cracks me up and you have used her in a perfect way!
I don't always have time to comment, but in case I have forgotten to say it in the past, " you rock"!!! I love visiting your blog when I can.
Have a good weekend,
Katherine