Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kenny K and some Freebie Tags

Have you ever seen the sign that says, "I can't clean my room because of all the cool stuff I find" ? I know those of you that are on Pinterest have. It still cracks me up because it is soooo true of cleaning off my work station where I color. I came across a Kenny K I had gotten awhile back when I got the guitar player I had made for my son (you can see that here). To tell you the truth, I had forgotten I had purchased the drummer at the same time! I came across the sheet I had printed out back in April!  So being as I had entirely nothing else to do.. {snicker} I had to color him up and enter him in their challenge they have going on this week which is "Check it Out", have checks on your project. 
Yes, he does look like Tommy Lee doesn't he? I had a totally different background layed out but it didn't go with the tag so I had a do-over! I stamped the background on this one with my Hero Arts Misty Swirl stamp in simple black ink. This was purchased a while ago and I love that some of the newer background stamps are larger. I had to stamp this one twice to get it large enough for my 5.5 x 5.5" card. 
Here's a close up of Tommy Lee (lol.. he's really called Tommy Lean)
I know the real life Tommy Lee has dark hair but I wanted his dreads to be blonde.  Ain't it great to color your world how you want??
Here's the copic colors I used:
And here's the tag out so you can see the sentiment (and the funky random checks)
The bakers twine is laying over the "y", but it says Party Like a Rock Star!
And here's the freebie tags. The one I used above is the larger size and the smaller ones make perfect mini greetings!
They're not perfect but you can fix that when you cut them out.
As always, click before saving so you get this full sized. I hope you enjoy them and as always, if you use them I would love to see your project : )

I think that's all except to get him loaded in some challenges! Have a great remainder of the week and a fabulous weekend!

Challenges:
Kenny K's Krafty Girlz - Check it Out
My Mum's Craft Shop - Masculine
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Masculine Birthday/Anniversary
Creative Craft Challenge - Make your own background paper
Shopping Our Stash - Tools of the Trade (use something neglected. Are stamps considered tools? hhhmm. I used my peg alphabet stamps for the sentiment I always completely forget I have! 
Tuesday Throwdown - Masculine

Hugs~
Photobucket

48 comments:

Angela B. said...

Love this awesome rockin image!

Marie-Anne said...

Your card realy rocks!

I like the tags, so I'll download them and I already am think about using them, so perhaps you'll see them on my blog one of these days.

Marie-Anne

pinky said...

This is one cool creation, I love it.Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Starla B. said...

This is so fabulous! I just LOVE your coloring...so much talent! Thank you for the tags...they are lovely and I cannot wait to use them.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

You coloring is great as always! Love the tag and metal button!

Julie said...

Yes, I agree...it's great to color our world the way we want. Fab card and tags
Hugs,
Julie

Lisa Jane said...

OH this is fabulous Dana - and just perfect for our challenge over at LCI.. he is a mean rocker .. that could do with a wash lol
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

This is great Dana, love your colouring of him and the funky layout.
Hugs Cheryl

NancyD said...

Great card Dana and thanks for the tags. I look forward to making something with them. Nancy

jimlynn said...

Dana, this ROCKS!!!! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Marlene said...

FABULOUS coloring, and fantastic card! Wow girl, you've got talent!

Sharon Jones said...

Dana, this card is wonderful and he really, really rocks! I also love the way you make those tats look so real on him - teehee! Oh, and thanks for the pretty tags - when I use them, I'll let you know.
Hugs,
Sharon

Brenda said...

Well, I wanted to say you really rocked this card, but apparently so did everyone else!!! Your tags are awesome, thank you!! Your coloring is PHENOMENAL!!!! Love, love your card. I have also been know to find stuff on my desk I have forgotten I have!!
Hugs~Bren

Shari said...

Rockin' great card Dana!! Always love your work and thanks for the freebies.

NickelNook said...

Oh Dana! He's fantastic! He actually reminds me of my brother a few years ago...minus the piercings and the ink...well, the other ink! lol Thanks so much for sharing the great card and the wonderful tags too!...Nancy :o)

Moments by Marla said...

Loving the drummer dude! Your coloring is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for the freebie tags!!!

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

Love the tags and need them so much thank you bunches hugs Cathy

Cindy - John 3:16 said...

TY for the cutie tags...:)

Sarah said...

thank you

weva said...

Thank you!!

Patti J said...

Too much fun, Dana!!! Great card, my friend :) Thanks for the tags - they're awesome, and you are so kind! Hugs...

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love these tags- thanks for sharing your great talent!

Dawn said...

Very, very cool card. Everything just works together so awesomely! Thanks so much for playing with us at KKKG this week :D

Sylvia said...

Super cool and fun card, Dana! As always, your coloring is fantabulous! And THANK YOU so very much for the freebie tags.. have downloaded them and can't wait to use them. Will let you know then :-)
{hugs} and thanks again
Sylvia xx

cass said...

Love the tags and the card is great.

Tracy said...

He's SOOO cool! Love it Dana! The tags are awesome. Thanks for sharing them. Hugs!

Jacee said...

What a great card Dana, he is such a cool guy!
Hugs Jacee

Blimey said...

Fantastic tags, Dana - I really, really like them. Thank you.

Colleen Holmes said...

Another awesome card with Kenny's image...glad you found it for you rocked it big time! Perfect coloring and designing with beautiful paper! What a guy card! Hugz! Colleen

Anniebee said...

This is one cool dude!!! I can't say enough about your artistic talent and gift for coloring. I need to remember to keep track of my marker colors like you do. Thanks for the free digi tags too! They're awesome!

Hugs,
Anniebee

tiggertastic said...

this is so cool, !

what a fantastic idea with the tag and your colouring on the image is excellent

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

HAHAHA! I love that tattoo dude and his blonde dreadlocks.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Thank you Dana for the fab tags....will come in so useful and be lots of fun additions to cards and gifts.

Micki said...

OMG, fabulous....totally love it and man I need to get this cuz I have a BIL who is a drummer.... awesome coloring and overall card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our manly anniversary/birthday challenge.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dana fantastic colouring and I love your layout thanks for joining us at KKKG hugs Jill xx

txexperiment said...

These tags are really cool. Thanks so much!

Josephine Cox said...

Dana, this is such a wonderful freebie of tags. Thank you.

dragonllew said...

Fantastic card your colouring is fab thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x

Deena said...

great colouring on this image...i think a stamp would count as a tool in some respects ;) they are my most used tool...thanks for joining in at SOS this week..Deena

Deedee Anderson said...

Very cool card, Dana! Your coloring is incredible, and yes this guy does remind me a bit of Tommy Lee -- LOL! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)

theCook said...

What a cool dude! Thanks for playing in the Ladybug Crafts Ink red challenge!

cardmaking bird said...

Such a cool card! You certainly rocked it! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash. Hugs, Marie x

Pink Sunshine said...

Gorgeous card, love the image, thanks for joining us at MMCS.
Sally. x

Julye said...

Fab card and what a cool image too thanks for sharing with us all here at CCC and good luck.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at KKKGC.............

Hugs
Judith

Lady_Libellule said...

Thanks for the beautiful tags!

CTgirl said...

Great project!
Thanks for the tags. They are lovely!

Starla B. said...

I just want to say thanks again for the beautiful tags! I finally used one. Yay! =D

http://youcouldbewishingonastar.blogspot.com/2011/07/some-odd-challenge.html