Friday, June 10, 2011

More Summer Fun!!

I am love coloring all of these bright, summer images because I adore bright colors!! Look at these gorgeous citrus colors:
I created the background using the same method I use for grass and clouds. You can see that here. I used E31 for the sand, BG72 for the water and BG000 for the sky. 
The image is from the Penny Black Beach Day set. It comes with so many additional little goodies like that crab and sand castle!
Here comes the close ups:
Here's the color swatches for the copics I used:

The sentiment is from the Hero Arts "Friends" set. 

A flip flop charm and bakers twine, what's not to love?
I made these with my EK Success button punch out of my K&Company papers. I thought they were so cute I didn't want to cover them up with twine.
I made this for Copic/Promarker challenge at The Outlawz. Our big summer party is still in full swing so make sure you pop over to check out all of the challenge groups and all of the amazing prizes being offered by our fabulous sponsors!

Thanks so much for looking and here's the other challenges I think she will work for:
7 Kids College Fund - Feeling hot, hot, hot
Crafts and Me - Stamp Something
Truly Scrumptious - Summer Sparkle
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Doodling (lots of faux stitching)
Penny Black @ Allsorts - Your fav PB stamps



Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Dana this is stunning - fabulous colours and little scene .. its raining here -so really brightened up my day
Lisa x

Patti J said...

Another darling card, Dana!!! How cute! Penny Black has the most wonderful sets with lots of stamps! Love this - you rock!!!

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute Dana! LOVE that little flip flop charm!! Hey, it might even fit me (I wear a size 4 1/2 shoe!!!) Love your card. Wonderful colors and a cute, cute image!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Dana... I love the detail and how 'summery' it looks!

Linda said...

Fantabulous! That could me my grandniece; she looks so real!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

How adorable is that!! There are many fun do dads on this that I love! The sentiment came out sweet, the coloring as always is great, love the buttons, flip flop and little castle!

Brenda said...

Another fabulous card. I love all the little details, the coloring is amazing as is the sand and water!! Love all the embellies, those buttons, that charm. Just gorgeous!!
hugs, Bren

Jacee said...

How cute is this Dana, I love it!
bright cheery colours and a super cute image, lovely stuff!
Hugs Jacee

brenda said...

Your card is gorgoues Dana, the vibrant colours give a real Summery feel to it.

Thank you for joining in at Penny Black at Allsorts Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Dorcas said...

THis is super duper cute, Dana!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh Dana!! Your colors are so bright and cheerful full of Summer fun! I love the whole layout too!! Took a peek at your tutorial...very nicely done hun!! Thanks for sharing!! Smiles

Audrey said...

What a super fun card. I love that images and your button punches are just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Reflections from Granny said...

Cute, cute, love your adorable card, and thank you for the Birthday wishes.

Hugs, Lori m

Craftyanny said...

cute as a button Dana, a gorgeous card
~Anne x

Eskimo Frosting said...

really fun card. Love the vibrant colours.


kath said...

love your sunny and bright card dana...thanks for joining in the doodling fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Lynne Armstrong said...

Love it Dana...she's suck a cutie and the little sandcastle is gorgeous :)
Hugs xx

Mervi said...

Hi Dana, wow gorgeous creation,
fabulous colouring.
Thanks for those detail pictures,
shows those cute buttons and things so well.

Thank you for sharing this with us at
Penny Black at Allsorts, good luck
and welcome again,-))m

E.T said...

what a fun, adorable card!

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Wow, this is fantastic Dana. I LOVE the brilliant colours.
Hugs, Clare x

Shari said...

So cute and hot, hot, hot! Love this image, it's one of my favorites!

Jemima's Jems said...

a really pretty card and such gorgeous colours, so beautifully put together:)

Thank you for joining us at MMCS


Dorcas said...

Yay~! You won at Catered crop for your Mo's bathing beauty! Awesome card!

ThePurplePlace said...

Super cute! I just recently bought the "Button" punch by MS and it's so fun to use!

I love how you created the bright colorful buttons to match your image!!

AWESOME! Your fabulous coloring is ALWAYS such inspiration for me!!


Faye said...

Oh this is super and I love the image. Thanks for sharing with us MMCS. x

Mel said...

Fabulous card Dana. I love the summer feel to it and the flip flop charm is toooo cute.

maryr917 said...

this is a great card-love your image and coloring-thanks for playing along with craft your passion challenge

Beth said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! Everything about it screams Summer! Love it! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love the image & love the bright colours.
Thank you for playing with us Rockin' Rubbah's over at Crafts & Me, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carolina said...

What an adorable card - love the summery colors! Thanks for joining the challenge over at Aud Sentiments.

Gemma said...

a lovely card, thanks for joining in our Summertime challenge at AUD Sentiments! Gemma :)