Monday, June 20, 2011

The Outlawz Girls - At least 3 Squares

Our challenge for you this week at The Outlawz Greeting Card challenge is to have at least 3 squares on your card. This was the perfect opportunity to use my long neglected Inkadinkado Inchies!
I don't often make a card with no coloring but I really had fun with this one!! I created the background papers with Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey.  Then I stamped with a script background stamp.  I stamped the inchies on white cs too with black pigment ink and embossed with black embossing powder. Then I distressed them with the same three. All that was left was to layer them up on some hot pink cs and then black. I created the stamp look with a pair of cheapy (like $1.40!!) stamp edge scissors from Michaels. 
And you know me.. gotta doodle!! Here's a side shot that shows the clear Sakura pen doodles around the edges of everything:
I hope you'll gallop on over and join us. You don't have to go hogwild like I did. You only need 3 squares and all of your laying counts!
So be there, and be square : )



Lisa Jane said...

oh wow fab hot colours - love the layout
Lisa x

Reflections from Granny said...

Gorgeous, love the antique look and the scroll squares, so pretty.

Hugs, Lori m

jimlynn said...

Awesome!!! Such beautiful colors too. So pretty. Love that pink added.

Sylvia said...

Beauuuuuutiful! Love the warm colors of your inchies against the black cardstock :)
{hugs} Sylvia

Colleen Holmes said...

Beautiful Dana! Love the squares with antiquing! Very professional looking! Hugz

Brenda said...

Well, you know I love pink and orange together! This is gorgeous. Love the depth you achieved with the inks, stamps, embossing and then your fabulous doodling! Gorgeous card!!!

sarham said...

That´s a gorgeous background! Love the vibrant colors!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love this Dana! The colors are great! Love all the squares and beautiful designs on each one.

Anniebee said...

This card is awesome! I love your coloring more but this is just so striking... the colors are great and the bold designs of the inchies are perfect for this design. Fabulous job, girlie! You never cease to amaze me!