Monday, June 20, 2011

Squigglefly - Beachy Surprise

It is with sadness that I post this because it is my last card for my DT position with Squigglefly.  It was a very hard decision to not seek another term but with our daughter and grandson moving back home it was time to scale back on some of my commitments. I get to go out with a bang though because our challenge is "Playing Favorites". We want to see you using your favorite Squigglefly image. Well, that wasn't so easy because I have a lot of favorites. Here is one of my favorite summertime images though:
This is called Beachy Surprise from the artist Cheryl Alger. You get the image facing in both directions. I love that!! Here's a close up of her and her crabby friend:
And here's the color swatches of the copics I used to color:
I created the waves by tearing some swirly paper. It really looks great in real life because you can really see the "white caps" on the waves. It just didn't photograph so well. 
I created the summer fun stamp. Help yourself if you would like it. I created it in color but if you would like it in black you may be able to change the settings on your printer to print in just black. 
Remember to click before saving so you are getting the full-sized image. It's fairly large so you can resize it to whatever size you would like.  The "price" is actually the year the person who is receiving this was born. 
I hope to see you over at the challenge
It has been a joy working with this talented group of ladies! Much love ladies and I will be seeing you around blogland : )



Lisa Jane said...

oh fab summer card and image - the sun is shining here for once .. so i am in the summer mood lol
Lisa x

Sylvia said...

oh my wow, Dana, this is another amzing and soooo beautiful summer card! LOOOOVE your fab coloring!!!

Haha.. I know I should say something new.. but I cannot say it's ugly while your work is always stunning, amazing, outstanding, gorgeous...... so I think you have to deal with my boooooring comments *giggle*

{hugs} Sylvia

Linda w said...

I was thinking how great your sea looks, what a great idea for it. Your beach scene is such fun, great coloouring as alwasy. Hugs lin

Brenda said...

The first thing I noticed about this fabulous card is that gorgeous sea with the waves and white caps. I love it!! Your coloring as always is gorgeous. Love the design with those buttons!! I am like Sylvia, you must get tired of all my same comments! LOL.

Jacee said...

Lovely fun card Dana, super work.
Hugs Jacee

Eskimo Frosting said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours.


Tracy said...

This is such a fun card Dana. Great design. I know it's hard to step down from a team you've enjoyed so much but I just bet that little boy is going to be keeping you busy enough to help you get through it. As usual your work is always fabulous! Hugs!