Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting Tilda for icopic

I cannot wait to show you what I've been playing with this week for icopic! Sometimes I like to share a technique or a new product but today I've got to say I was totally intrigued by this weeks challenge to Color on something other than smooth, white cardstock... hhhmmm.... I knew I wanted to try something totally different than something I've already done with my copics.  I've colored in the past on glossy cardstock, vellum, patterned paper (for paper piecing) but for todays card I stamped on vintage paper! Take a look:
I love the way she turned out! And it was so totally unplanned for hope and loved to be right in the middle of her face!! Seriously! The paper I stamped on is an old vintage book of my grandpa's that is a western. Pop must've been smiling down on me : )
This image is called Waiting Tilda and here's a close up of her:
Please note: if you try this yourself, please do not hold myself or icopic accountable for any damage done to your nibs. I knew I may ruin mine from the old ink. Luckily for me I just picked up a little staining that was easily scribbled off.  My curiosity at wanting to try something new far outweighed possibly having to replace a nib or two : )
Too me Tilda looks like she's praying so the sentiment from Lovely Labels by SP & Company worked perfectly and here's a close up of that:
I love all of those little journaling tickets and will probably add some handwritten notes before sending this off. That little itty bitty clothes pin was a great find at Michaels!!
I hope you get a chance to play along in our challenge this week to color on something other than smooth, white cardstock.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!
bonus pic of my kraft flower : )


Challenges Tilda will be joining this week:
Everybody Art Challenge - Anything Goes
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Ribbons and Bows
Catered Crop - Recipe 
The Corrosive Challenge - Ribbons and Bows
Crafts 4 Eternity - Embellishments that start with "R" (ribbon and rolled rose)

Hugs~
Photobucket

20 comments:

Sylvia said...

Your card is so adorable, Dana! Love the vintage feel of your card.. and how fun to stamp this sweet Tilda image on a western book *giggle*
oh and I'm curious: is this a 'mini' or a regular size Magnolia stamp?
{hugs} Sylvia

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

Colleen Holmes said...

Dana, this is totally awesome! I would never have thought to do this and yet I really love the look of it! Entire card is gorgeous! Hugz, Colleen

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous vintage effect .. a wonderful idea
Lisa x

sarham said...

That´s a really sweet card! Love the idea of stamping on a written paper, that´s new!!
And all the details are sweet too =)

Patti J said...

Adorable! Love it :) You always make me smile - I never know just what I'll find here. Thanks for always being an inspiration!

Brenda said...

Stunning vintage look to your card. Love the way your mind works. Love the flower and sentiment. I find it totally funny that I also added a postcard to the project I just did. Is that the one from you Pinterest? That is the one I used.
Love it, Hugs~Bren

jimlynn said...

So unique and just wonderful! Gorgeous card.
(Be prepared Dana as I'm getting ready to order a bunch of Copics and see if I can just come a little bit close to what you do with them! I may be hollering at you soon for help!!!)
Lynn

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

How creative of you! I love that you are always trying new things! This came out fantastic! Love all the vintage goodies to go with this!

Reflections from Granny said...

Dana this came out gorgeous, I love your work each is different from the other, Hugs, Lori m

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

How fabulous!! What a beautiful and unique project Dana.

I'm so sorry girl for not stopping by in FOREVER...summer chaos has begun and I've not had any time for blogging. :(

quiltindiva said...

Very nice blog. Love the icopic design card with the vintage paper...nifty idea. Found you on the Oultlaw blogs. I'm now a follower.

Cheryl said...

Wow Dana your card is gorgeous I would never have thought of doing that in a million years lol, but you really pulled it off. BTW thanks for following me, I appreciate it.
Hugs Cheryl

Sharon Jones said...

This card is so great, Dana! I can't believe how vintage it feels to me and I really do believe he looked down on you, smiling! I would too, if I were him!;)

Frances said...

Lovely card, I'm your follower, hugs, Frances.

Linda McClain said...

Oh, what a fun technique. Such a fun vintage look. Thanks for playing and sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

pinky said...

Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Love the way this turned out, Dana! Thanks for the gorgeous tags! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Anniebee said...

What a cool idea! I have stamped flourishes and things like that onto text before but have never tried using an image! The results are incredible!

Anniebee