Monday, June 6, 2011

What Holiday Is It?

Our challenge for you this week at Squigglefly is "What Holiday is it?". What you need to do is find a holiday image and use it for something other than it's intended purposes. I used this adorable Easter image for a welcome baby card:
Isn't he just the cutest?? Since he's so big I felt I didn't need to do any close ups. I hope you'll agree. Here's the color swatches for the Copics I used:
The sentiment is a Studio G dollar stamp and the papers are all digi's from Shabby Princess. I used the Festival pack. Btw.. those are freebies!! There are freebies and then there are FREEBIES!! All of their papers definitely fall in the later group!
Ok, back to the reason for the post... Squigglefly!! Both the store and the challenge blog. Give both a visit, I promise, you won't be sorry!

Hugs~
Photobucket

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a great use for the stamp- so cute
Lisa x

Brenda said...

What a great choice!! I love the coloring of that egg. Great design and super cute card!!
hugs, Bren

jimlynn said...

So very cute Dana...and love how you used an Easter image for a baby card! Very creative and clever.
Lynn

Holly said...

Really makes an adorable baby card Dana. Fabulous coloring on this!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is totally adorable!! I love your creative thinking outside the box here with your design!! Very sweet! Great take on the challenge! ;)

Donna Heber said...

So cute! What a great image for a baby card.

JD said...

This is really adorable!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Adorable! Perfect for a baby card!