Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Your Next Stamp - Runaway Cake

You still have a few more days this week to get in our Colors of the Rainbow challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
This little guy stealing the cake just cracks me up!! Take a look:
That's Runaway Cake by Your Next Stamp. Too cute! I wish you could see how cool those candles and chipboard pieces cut from sizzlet dies turned out! Here's a close up:
Eh.. still looks better in person! The sparkle things were cut with an old sizzlet die I don't think they even make anymore out of plain white chipboard and then spritzed with Bahama Blue Fireworks spray. Forget about all the other colored mists you've tried! This stuff is intense!! I love it! You could also use them with the new glimmer screens that Lora is carrying!
Back to our little rascally rat ; ) He was stamped with Memento Ink, a must have for all of your copic work!  I colored him and the candles with my copics,  then I added some stickles.  Here's the copic colors I used:


 And I just have to mentioned an overlooked product, adhesive!! If you've not tried the X-Press It tape you need to! I love this stuff! It's strong, economical and earth friendly (not all those plastic parts to throw away)!
That's all for today but don't forget you still have a few days to get in our Colors of the Rainbow challenge!
Hugs~
Photobucket

16 comments:

Trina said...

So, I just left a comment then was taken to a comment fork when I hit post... Strange. Anyway, I love how bright this card is!

sarham said...

this is such a cute and funny card! love it!

NickelNook said...

What a fun card! Thanks for the chuckle!...Nancy :o)

Sharri said...

Dana, I love this! That little guy is so cute and those candles are fabulous!!

Marilyn said...

Fab card Dana... I love all the colour and brightness of it and that crazy little rat/mouse is a hoot!

Brenda said...

Dana, you hit the rainbow part of this challenge!! Amazing stuff on your card. All these new products to try....aahhh!! I love all the candles, and sparkle, and super cute image!!! Great card! Hugs~Bren

Colleen Holmes said...

Bright and cheerful!! Love this birthday card with your awesome magic! Hugz

jimlynn said...

Bright, cheerful, and just FUN!! LOVE IT Dana.
Lynn

NancyD said...

Fantastic card Dana! I love the cake image. I have never used chip board and I think I may have to try it.

Angie Blom said...

Hi Dana,
Thanks for coming to my blog.. you are incredible yourself.. love your cards.. Rona is just amazing.. I am so happy that you found me.. hope we can get to know each other better. have a wonderful day.
hugs,
Angie

Anniebee said...

Awesome colorful card! After I saw this, I had to pop over to the challenge and enter the card I posted this morning! Mine isn't nearly as colorful as yours is but it's definitely bright! This sneaky little mouse is too cute!

Hugs,
Anne B.

Mel said...

Fantastic card Dana. Love the rainbow colors and I too love the X-Press It tape.

Anne Fenton said...

Great card Dana ...love the image.

Dana said...

Too darn cute Dana!!

Hugs
Dana

Crystal said...

LOVE this CAKE and LOVE these colors Dana!

Naomi said...

Haha, very cute...and FAB colours!