Saturday, July 2, 2011

Art Journal - Sow

Another page from one of my art journals. This one is on watercolor paper.
This was definitely influenced by these two amazing artists:

It's hard to explain why I find this so enjoyable. Maybe it's the freedom to just do whatever I want, trying new techniques, playing with color combo's or using stamps that haven't seen the light of day since I discovered copics. I think it's all of the above.  
The background was created with watercolor pencils. There is some chalks around the girl.  The blue is acrylic paint. All of the flowers were either stamped or punched with a circle punch out of patterned paper and then doodled. Her shirt and the fence are paper pieced. 
Here's a bunch of close ups:


That's an orange gel pen outlining her hair but it looks white in the photo. Much more subtle and pretty irl.
I've seen so many journals and so many different ways each person uses them. I was never one to keep a diary as a kid. I would try...I mean who doesn't remember Marcia on the Brady Bunch when her diary was taken away with all of the other donated books?  
But this?? Yea, I can do a little bit of this every day!

Hugs~
Photobucket

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Dana, this is so amazing. There is so much to look at. I had to enlarge each pic just to DROOL over. There is so much depth to it that I know I am just getting a piece of in pictures. I want to hold it in my hand and run my fingers over it and feel the texture and depth. Seriously, I can't say in words how amazing I think it is.
But I am gonna pin it so I can come back for inspiration!!
Hugs, Bren

Crystal said...

Dana girl WOW I absolutely LOVE your art journal, another fabulous page, your creativity is out of this world sweetie!!! Enjoy your Holiday weekend!!! Hugs!

Amy said...

This is so fantastic Dana! Gorgeous!!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is wonderful! You will love looking back at it, as you fill more pages with your wonderful creations! I did not have a diary either. Probably why I love journaling in scrapbooking so much With 2 brothers it would have not stayed private.!

Reflections from Granny said...

Dana you are definitely rocking this journal, I enjoy coming to see the new additions you've added. These are such works of art and amaze me seeing the different styles.

Right now our Picasso will just have to be painted walls lol.

Hugs, Lori m

Anniebee said...

Just WOW!!!! I never tire of seeing your magnificent works of art, whether they are your journal pages or greeting cards or anything in between. All of it is fabulous, as are you, my dear! You're a never-ending source of inspiration for me.

Hugs,
Anne

Eskimo Frosting said...

Wow fantastic and really creative.

Jayne
x

Tracy said...

I wonder if doing one of these would loosen me up on the OCD matching thing I have going on. LOL You have combined so many fun elements on these pages. Different mediums, stamping, paper piecing--TOTALLY COOL!!

Anne Fenton said...

Dana, I love your journal, you are such an inspiration!!

Dawn C said...

So gorgeous! I love the whole thing :-) There's so much colour and life in this!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Fabulous journal page Dana! I think they are so much fun because there aren't any rules or restrictions just what ever we find inspiring at the time or just wanted to try. Stolen moments away from the DT assignments, lol. Have a great day my friend!