Friday, July 1, 2011

Crafter's Companion Flower Fairy - Almond Blossom

It's the first of the month so that means it's a new challenge at One Crazy Stamper! This month we have a recipe challenge:
                                    1  Image
                                    2 Design Papers
                                    3 Embellishments
How fun is that?! Take a look at this gorgeous stamp set I got to work with!!
That is Almond Blossom Flower Fairy from Crafter's Companion. Before I show you any of the close ups I took a pic of my page before I cut anything out. I stamped the whole plate and you will not believe how much you get for under $13.00!!!! 
I mean seriously?? You would not believe all that's on there! Two sized fairies (I used the smaller and it's still a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" card!!), two greetings (actually 3 if you count "Apple Blossom"), borders, corner embellishments, butterflies. That's a whole lot of bang for your buck ; )
Here's some close ups:
I almost always do my fairy wings "transparent" (BG10) but on the package the artist has colored them the same as her outfit and I really liked it!  She matches my Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers perfectly! 
Here's the copic colors swatches for the colors I used:

Here's shots of the popped up pieces:


I love this one so much I think I am going to color up the larger fairy to add to my brand spanking new copic journal!! 
Lora is getting a lot closer to opening her brand new store so keep checking the site for all the new product she is carrying!
Come join us in the challenge too, you never know.. it could be YOU who wins some awesome prizes from One Crazy Stamper!
Here's the supplies I use on every card: Memento Ink, Copics, X-Press It Tape.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

Challenges:
Flutterby Wednesdays - Angels, butterflies or fairies
Ruby's Rainbow - Flowers 
Stampavie and More - More than 3 layers
Truly Scrumptious - Things with wings
By the Cute and Girly - Things with wings (thanks Lisa!!)

Hugs~
Photobucket

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

love this image - i have it on a cd rom.. so pretty
Why not enter our things with wings challenge at By the cute and girly
Lisa x

Samantha Bailey said...

This card is gorgeous Dana. The image is sooo cute and extremely good value. Love these Bo Bunny papers. Beautiful work, as always
Samantha

Brenda said...

When I first looked at this I thought it was your art journal. It really looks like a piece of art. So pretty!! Love that her wings and flowers are the same colors. Gorgeous design. Simply Stunning!!
looking forward to seeing your copic journal!
Hugs~Bren

Shari said...

Dana you have done such a beautiful job on this card!! Welcome to the world of Flower Fairies - they are very addicitive!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful image and a beautiful card!!! So pretty.
Lynn

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is gorgeous Dana! Love it! Your coloring as always is great! Love the papers too!

Sharri said...

Gorgeous card Dana! I love the look of the wings on the fairy being the same color as her dress!
I can't wait to see your copic journal!

Mel said...

Dana, this is beautiful, all your creations are beautiful. Love the colors you used.

Jacee said...

Lovely Dana, gorgeous colours.
Hugs Jacee

Tracy said...

Love it! I've been eyeing some of those stamps so thanks for explaining about their size. And I ordered that Bo Bunny paper yesterday. LOL Pretty Pretty!!

Frea said...

I do love the flower fairies, I have one myself, it's the one with the little baby on (can't remember the name). Love this pretty card you made and the wings do look great. Hugs, Frea

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! What an amazing creation! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Crystal said...

WOOWWWEEEE Dana this is absolutely GORGEOUS, your coloring is sooooo beautiful and all your details are over the top stunning!!!!! LOVE this paper sweetie!!! Thanks so much for popping over and visiting me, summer is keeping me soooo busy but wanted to buzz over and see your GORGEOUS creations!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!

Hannapanna said...

Love the vintage feeling on this one. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs, Hanna

Naomi said...

Dana, EVERYTHING about this is STUNNING! From the faerie image to the butterflies to the flowers, and that sentiment..it's BEAUTIFUL all around!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Dana!
Hugs Cheryl

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card, fab paper choice.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Crafty Lynz said...

Such a precious card! this is beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at RRC.

Hugs, Lynsey x

Marcie S. said...

So pretty!! Thanks for welcoming me as a guest designer for July with One Crazy Stamper!

Stephanie Lee said...

Your coloring is awesome!!

gerslittlesnippets said...

Love your Flower Fairy card and the gorgeous colouring. Fab work.
Thank you for sharing with BTC&G "Things with Wings" challenge.
Geraldine