Friday, July 22, 2011

A Great Day to Fish

Well, maybe not so much in this heat! But most days are a great day to fish for my hubby and his brother.  If the water isn't iced over they're at it most weekends for at least one of their days off.  They love it!   So take a look at this adorable stamp by that name (A Great Day to Fish) by the artist Crissy Armstrong:

These two characters just make me smile. Plain and simple. I really wanted this to look like a poloroid so I taped off my paper before starting on my background.  I know I always sound like a broken record, but I do use this technique on almost every card. So for those of you new here, you can see how I do my clouds and solid areas like grass and water here. Then I stapled it to a piece of thin cork that came in a roll. I was going for a sort of bulletin board look. For those of you in the US, WalMart has colored staples right now in with their school supplies for like .97 cents a package. There's a lot in each package and they have some great colors. It's hard to see here but I used red.
Here's a close up:
I got the clock faces for free at Just Something I Made.  You can start searching for great free images of post cards at The Graphics Fairy.  
Here are the copic colors I used:
The "Bud's Forever" is just hand written, again, to stay with that whole old bulletin board look. I really enjoyed some of the techniques I used on this. I always love creating the clouds and water. Drawing in the grasses was fun too! I love my sepia copic multiliner! It was great for adding in a few wheat looking things and adding wood grain to the dock. 
Thanks for looking! 



Starla B. said...

This is so fantastic. I am always just amazing at your's incredible!

Sylvia said...

Ohhhh... this is the cutest, Dana! Super sweet image (they make me smile, too!) and great coloring (as always!) and the design is fab, too! Fantastic card creation!
Wishing you a wonderful, sunny and relaxed weekend!!! :-)
{{hugs}} Sylvia

jimlynn said...

Too, too, cute Dana! Love the image of course but the entire card is fabulous. Wonderful clouds, grass and water that looks so real - and the design is great...It really does look like a snapshot.

Adrian said...

Wow, beautiful!

Sheree said...

Wow!!! This is such a fantastic card Dana! I LOVE the image and your colouring is always so striking and perfect! Great use of cork and embellishments... Wow!


How cute! It is soooo adorable, love it! Hugs! Leah Ann

Melissa said...

This is adorable! I came across your blog through Crissy A's site. :) What a find! Can't wait to explore it a little more!

Tracy said...

Your background just looks amazing girlfriend! Love the reflection of his tootsies in the water too. The bulletin board theme is so fun. :-) You did an awesome job on this. Love it!

Cheryl said...

Wow Dana this is wonderful, what a great image and your colouring is always fantastic.
Hugs Cheryl

Brenda said...

Wow Dana, this card is so fun. So stinkin creative. I love that you used the cork to make it look like a board. Love the techniques you used on the sky, water, grass! Just a fabulous card!!

Danni said...

I always love to come and see what you've created! your coloring is just phenomenal!
Fun and cute card!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Hi Dana! Life has been crazy and I have been gone a while! I got to look at all your cards since I last visited and they are all amazing. You coloring as always is fantastic. Love the pink from the last post So girly and pretty! Love the clocks in this one!

Anne Fenton said...

I love your card...coloring is fantastic as usually....Love It!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh that image is fun.. makes me chuckle everytime i see it .
LOve how you made the image like a polaroid
Lisa x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, this is incredible!!! I really love your colouring and that is fantastic. But I also love how you made this look like an old Polaroid - that is so creative, and then you stuck to the old theme with your vintage looking embellishments. I love the staples and bulletin board look. Even your hand printing! From every detail, this card is a superb specimen!

Lori m said...

Dana, fantastic, you make me want to jump in the water it looks so refreshing and then sit and fish along side them. Hugs, Lori m

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a cute image, Dana. You colored it expertly and put together one smash-hit card. I love how you displayed it for the photo.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, Tickell Expressions. Your sweet comments brighten my day.


Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Dana are these guys ever cute! What a great card, love it!

Donna Heber said...

Fantastic card! Beautiful colors and so serene.

Jacee said...

What a great image Dana, a super card!
Hugs Jacee