Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Crazy Stamper - Stampavie

Have you gotten a card in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper yet? It is such a wonderful recipe that Jacilynn chose! All you need to cook up something is:


  • 1 Image
  • 2 Designer Papers
  • 3 Embellishments (Bellies or embellies)


How cool is that?! Well I had a lot of fun playing with this card:

That is one of the amazing images by Sarah Kay for Stampavie. This is the first time I've tried stamping (with my Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black) directly onto Designer Paper before coloring with my copics.
Here's a close up so you can see what I am talking about:
That was stamped right on Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper. The other dp is not Bo Bunny.  Granted, it is more like coloring on Georgia Pacific cardstock if you've ever done that.  It soaks up a little more ink and does not blend near as nice as X-Press It paper but you can color on it.  I was really happy with the final results and always LOVE to find new ways to use my copics.
Here's the copic colors I used:

Here's a close up of my bow that I dyed with my Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Ink by just running the ink pad directly over my seam binding. Then I misted it slightly with my mini mister to get a uniform color. 
That's all from me today. Make sure you check the DT Blog tomorrow for more great inspiration from our marvelous team!!

Ohhhhh bloggger!! Will you please give me back a scroll bar while posting? Oh well, I guess I can learn to do with arrow buttons but I've got to admit, I do like the new look. Just takes a bit to learn to navigate. Does anyone know what that little box with the graph means next to how many comments each post has had (while in your dashboard)? You would think it means visits to that post but it can't be or it is just not accurate because it is usually lower in number than comments.

Hugs~
Photobucket

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty - what a beautiful image and papers
Lisa x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful Dana, just gorgeous. That image has always been a favourite of mine and I like the effect of stamping directly onto DP. Perfect colouring too and a perfect bow!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a beautiful and feminine card....love the image over DP and the gorgeous ribbon. Perfect!

Brenda said...

so very beautiful~love the image with that paper. just so pretty. I love the ribbon and charm. Just overall soft, vintage and pretty!
Hugs~Bren

Nana Diana said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous, Dana, I love it!! The papers are perfect and I love your bow!!

Adrian said...

very pretty!

Frea said...

Hi Dana, oh my I can actually post a comment!! Sitting here in France with my laptop and I'm having so much difficulty posting comments. I've heard people about this problem but hadn't had it myself untill now. Love the way you did this gorgeous card, what a great idea to stap directly onto the designpaper, clever you!! Hugs, Frea

NickelNook said...

Gorgeous Dana! Sarah Kay is a favorite of mine! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

sarham said...

really cute card! I love the fabulous paper and the colours!

Lynne Armstrong said...

Amazing colouring for an amazing image :) I've never tried colouring on DP Dana...thanks for the inspiration, might have to give it a try. This is a beautiful card.
Hugs xx

Tracy said...

Oh this just turned out beautifully Dana! I bet that paper was hard to color on. I love Sarah Kay images and hard to color or not you did a fabulous job. So soft and pretty. Love it!

Jacee said...

So pretty Dana, a lovely card.
Hugs Jacee

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Dana! Beautiful coloring!