Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Penny Johnson - Sweet Scent of Memories

Look at this romantic stamp I had the privilege to ink for icopic!!
That is from Stampavie by Penny Johnson and is called Scent of Sweet Memories. I really want all of them!! They are so romantic and feminine.. I adore them!
Here's a close up:

Here's the copic colors I used:
I really had fun using this soft pastel palette. I didn't have any papers that really matched all of the colors I wanted so I just created my own. I stamped all over a white piece of cardstock with a postal script stamp I had in my stash with white pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powders. Then I ink distressed over that with Tim Holtz Distress Inks using Dusty Concord, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick. My seam binding was also dyed using Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I just ran the stamp pad right over the seam binding. Then I misted it slightly with water using my mini mister and crinkled the ribbon up. I used my heat tool to dry it quickly before creating my bow. Here's a close up of that:
The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn Sophies Sentiment set. Other supplies I used but haven't mentioned yet are Memento Ink and X-Press Tape.
You still have plenty of time to enter our Pastel Coloring challenge and I cannot wait to see what you create : )

Challenges:
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Copic Creations - Pastel
Make It Monday - Linky Party (always anything goes)


Hugs~
Photobucket

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a wonderful little image - so femine and pretty colours
Lisa x

Frea said...

Hi Dana, what a lovely card, and your quite right, the stamp has a feminine touch to it. Gorgeous colours, love the seam binding. Hugs, Frea

Brenda said...

What a pretty card. I love the soft colors. That background is so gorgeous!! I love that script stamp. I still need to get some of that ribbon, your bows are always gorgeous!! Another fabulous card!
Hugs~Bren

Shari said...

Beautiful soft feminine card and I love your seam binding ribbon!!

Chrissy said...

Lovely image...and the colours are so soft and pretty.
Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

So beautiful Dana, the colours are Delicious.
Hugs Cheryl

Pryn said...

Look at all of those colors you used!! They look so great together and blend so well! You ROCK the Copics Sistah!!! I adore the ENTIRE card!!!

Love you <3

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous, Dana. Your homemade designer paper is fabulous and I love that bow with the charm.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Blessings,
Teresa

Anniebee said...

What a sweet card, Dana! Your imagination and creativity always amaze me. It was your coloring that attracted me in the beginning, and it still does, but there is so much more that keeps me coming back. I'm very proud to count you among my handful of "friends I may never meet in person" and I have always appreciated your encouragement and support. The Outlawz DT is going to miss you terribly but I hope that you and I can stay in touch going forward.

Big hugs,
Anne

Sara I. said...

Simply gorgoues gf! Love the bg pp you made with the stamp and distress inks - so clever!! Gorgeous coloring as always :)
~hugs

Merry said...

Such a wonderful card and I love how you created your background paper and coloured the ribbon. Brilliant. Visiting from Make it Monday.

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous image and colour combination.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Debbie Dolphin said...

great colours xx
Thankyou so much for joining in with our Challenge at Deep Ocean. Hope to see you again xxx
Hugs
Debbie xxx