Monday, July 4, 2011

Sugar Nellie - Faith

First off for all of my fellow Americans, Happy Fourth of July! Hope your day is filled with all of your favorite summer pastimes! This is a prescheduled post so I am not sure exactly what we are doing but I am sure it will involve bbq at some point!
The Greeting Card group at The Outlawz has an Anything Goes challenge for you this week.  I used Faith from Sugar Nellie but I've got a little confession. While I think these images are gorgeous, I don't particularly like to color them because all of my favorite parts (the shading!!) has already been done. But it was such an easy fix! All I did was increase the brightness before I printed it. That meant I had to redefine the outlines of the major parts with my copic multiliner but it was worth it to me ; )
I hope I didn't break any digi laws. Here's the copic colors I used on her:
Can you tell I colored her eyes before I decided on the green clothes? 
The dots of metallic gold Tulip glitter glue didn't show up so great but in real life they look great! Since I've been on this art journaling kick I've pulled out all of my old acrylic paints and mediums. I am shocked that so much of it (almost all!) is still in good shape. There's only been one or two things I've had to pitch. 
Well, that's all there is. Hope you will find time sometime this week to pop over to The Outlawz and join The Greeting Card challenge. 



Becky said...

This is stunning Dana. And thank you for sharing the copics you use to color your images, they are such a help.

jimlynn said...

Oh my!! LOVELY and just stunning. So pretty Dana - as always! LOVE the blue eyes with the green outfit as it gives off a wonderful contrast and hey, I have blue eyes and wear green all the time! LOVE your wonderful card. Just beautiful

Brenda said...

Stunning!!! She is so pretty! colored beautifully. Love the blue eyes. I absolutely love the greens you used. And her skin is so pretty!!! I love it, Bren

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Gorgeous Dana! Your coloring is fantastic as always!

Anne Fenton said...

Gorgeous Dana, you are so talented, I love her..Hugz

Cricket said...

Nice job. Beautiful card.

Cheryl said...

Hi Dana, she is gorgeous love the way you have done her eyes. Amazing card.
Hugs Cheryl

Crystal said...

WOW Dana your coloring looks AMAZING and this image is FABULOUS sweetie!!!! hope you are having a wonderful Holiday weekend!!!! big hugs!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Dana, she is just beautiful, those eyes are almost haunting looking. Those skin tones are fantastic..hope you had a good 4th. Hugs.

Reflections from Granny said...

She's a stunner, above and beyond gorgeous, Hugs, Lori m

Sharon Keanly said...

This image shows off your colouring skills to its best Dana. Just love this one. Fabulous! hugs Sharon x

Maria André said...

You have a lovely blog! Gonna enjoy looking back and to follow forward :)
I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum ;)


Cheryl said...

Your coloring is just stunning! Wowza!

Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Your comment on my blog made me smile. I'm happy that I got some one else addicted to pinterest.

Have a great week!

Trina said...

What a great way to change up the look of a stamp! I see these all the time, and it seems like a lot of folks barely color them b/c of the shading. Not knocking it; not everyone likes coloring like me. BUT, I really like your idea!

Her eyes and skin are gorgeous, Dana!