Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tutti Cuti - We Love the Rain!

 I cannot wait to show you these cuties from icopic!! This in We Love the Rain from Tutti Cuti:
Aren't they sweet??  First I stamped them with Memento Ink on X-Press It Blending Card before coloring with my copics.  Here's the colors I used:

The sentiment is from SP & Company Rain Boots.  Here's a few close ups:
How fun to color two girls completely different!! I used BG0000, BG000 and C1 to create the clouds.  You can see how I create clouds here.  After I got the clouds blocked in I added some dots with a stamp from my stash using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China. I added Glossy Accents to random "rain drops". You can see that better in this shot and how their little umbrellas are paper pieced with Wild Rose Studio Girly Polka Dot papers:
The white grunge around the outside of the blue checked paper and all of the dots were done with Copic Opaque. I love this stuff!! It covers so much better than white acrylic paint.
I hope you will join us at icopic for our red, white and blue challenge this week!

Hugs~
Photobucket

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous... your colouring is fab of course but the clouds and the raindrops are pure genius! I would never have thought of Glossy Accents(and I do love that stuff!) for raindrops but it is perfect!

NickelNook said...

This card is so adorable Dana! Those girls are just the sweetest thing ever! I really like the Copic Opaque around the outside...it does a wonderful job! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

Brenda said...

So stinkin cute!! Love the paper piecing. Love the "rain". Love the design of the circle card!! Just a darling creation!! Hugs~Bren

jimlynn said...

Another cute and PRETTY card! Just wonderful.
(Got my Copics....and will post a card next week - be sure and watch for it! I was so excited - it actually looks like I BLENDED something!!! They'll never match the beauty of yours but hey, it's a start anyway!)
Lynn

Anne Fenton said...

So cute Dana.... Your coloring is wonderful....love it!

Sheree said...

Waaaaay too cute Dana!! Love the image and as always..your colouring is outstanding!
Hugs,
Sheree

Gina L said...

Absolutely adorable! I love how you did the sky and rain. I have a fascination with umbrella images and now I'm off to check them out at icopic!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is gorgeous .. the colouring is stunning .. a real cute pair!
Lisa x

Trina said...

This is too dang cute! Raindrops and paper pieced umbrellas? You are so on it, D!!

Cheryl said...

They are the really cute Dana, I love your red,white and blue card. Beautiful as always.
Hugs Cheryl

Tracy said...

Oooo so cute!! I have got to learn how to do hair right. It makes so much difference on a card. the paper picing looks great and I LOVE how you did the background. Awesome job!

Mel said...

Dana, they are sooooo adorable. Your coloring is fantastic.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These girls are adorable, I love the way you've colored them and I had to click the pic to admire your clouds close up :) Just beautiful my friend!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute dana! Love the image and the colors too!

my little scrapping corner said...

gorgeous card. love it.

I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum