Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gorjuss - Puddles of Love

It's Wednesday and that means I get to show you some more great stuff from icopic!! I know I always say "I had a lot of fun with this card" but it's so true!! Look at this Gorjuss stamp called Puddles of Love:
I thought I would have a little play with trying to actually color a water puddle and rain drops instead of adding them with glossy accents. Here's a close up:
The raindrops were mostly done with my colorless blender and then I added a little shadow underneath. I was so inspired by these amazing papers from the Wild Rose Studio Summer Fiesta pack!   The sky was airbrushed with C1. I drew my sidewalk with a black copic multiliner.  
Here's the copic colors I used but I just noticed I left off the colors of the puddle!
I am pretty sure I used BG10, BG000, B00, BG72. I left some of the sidewalk white and I also added in some Stardust glitter pen. I did that on the raindrops also. 


My sentiment is from SP and Company.   The outside edge of my Designer paper was grunged with Copic Opaque just using my finger.
That's all for me today but I hope I'll get to see your creations in our challenge this week : )


Challenges:
Creative Card Crew  - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Linky Party (always anything goes)
Totally Gorjuss - As You Like It 
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Ribbons or Lace

Hugs~
Photobucket

30 comments:

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Wow, this looks amazing Dana. You are so talented!
Clare x

sara said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty!!! The image is adorable and love the rain drops!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty Dana - and the puddle looks fabulous

Lisa x

NickelNook said...

Really beautiful Dana! As usual, your coloring is perfection!...Nancy :o)

Brenda said...

Fabulous card! Love your sidewalk and puddle of water. Just perfect with your card. Love the simple little sentiment. Amazing coloring as always. Wish we could sit and color together!!! Hugs~Bren

Shirley-anne said...

Dana, your colouring is awesome . It is a beautiful image .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.
Shirley-anne

Jan said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

jimlynn said...

Just wonderful Dana. Love the colored raindrops and the puddle too. So pretty in those colors.
Lynn

Jacee said...

What a gorgeous card Dana, such lovely rich colours, love it!
Hugs Jacee

Shirl said...

ooooh Puddles of Love is ... dare I say it ... Gorjuss lol.

Your water puddle turned out fantastic Dana. Great card.

Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Heike said...

Your card is amazing, love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck.

Hugs
Heike

Yvonne Garner said...

You are a master at Copics! What an adorable card. I think it is so nice that you share all the colors you used and the techniques as well. Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping challenge!

Danni said...

When I grow up I want to color and draw like you!! This is just fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Hi, saw your card on the entry page at MIM and I just had to come and comment on it, I just love gorjuss girl stamps and I think you have coloured this just beautifully. i love the colour combo
Hugs Kat x

Cheryl said...

Wow Dana, another stunning creation, you amaze me every time.
Hugs Cheryl

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Dana she is GORGEOUS :)

I love the colors you've used! I've had trouble blending RV's so I'm going to try your color combination it's so pretty! Thanks for sharing the marker colors you use with us, it's nice to step out of our box and try a new color combo :)

See you tomorrow maybe at my linky party for art journal pages?
Hugs, Jan

Jane H said...

She's amazing!

Adrian said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Crystal said...

OOO Dana this is FABULOUS, your coloring is AWESOME!! LOVE LOVE these colors!

Tracy said...

Oh wow! Those raindrops look amazing girl! I haven't attempted that technique yet. It looks scary. :-) Wonderful card my friend!

Debs M said...

wow this is fabulous, great raindrops, saw it on mim x

Lynne Armstrong said...

Definitely totally GORJUSS Dana :) Love the puddle and raindrops.
Hugs xx

bettand said...

Such an amazing card. Love the colours and the beautiful design. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina

kurlygirl said...

Dana, your coloring is just so wonderful. That water is amazing!

Cazro said...

Excellent achievement with the rain and puddle. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. A beautiful coloured card. Caz

Sylvia said...

ohhh... absolutele GORJUSS!!! LOVE your coloring here (ok, I admit it: I always adore your coloring skills
:-) ) Fab card!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Anniebee said...

Awesome coloring, my friend! That water looks so realistic, I think my finger would get wet if I touched it! I love her raven black hair too. Love the whole card!

Hugs,
Anniebee

Sarah said...

Your colouring is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for sharing your colours too. FAB card!

Maria said...

Wow, your colouring is fab! I love the hair! Maria x

Fliss said...

A lovely card Dana. The image is so cute and I love the colours you chose.
Thanks for joining in with FSC Ribbon and Lace challenge and good luck.
Fliss x