Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Greeting Farm - Blush Bonnie

All I can say about this stamp is wow! I mean, seriously.... WOW!~


Meet Blush Bonnie from The Greeting Farm available at icopic. She was so much fun to color! I knew I wanted her to match these amazing papers and brads from Wild Rose Studio.  I went with oranges for her dress, sock and shoes and I really like how she turned out.  I used Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade to add some orange to the "Thinking of You" (which comes with the image) and also to some of my flowers.
 Here's a close up:
Here's the colors I used to color her:
I should've crossed off YR02. It's so close to YR65 that I didn't bother using it.  You can see how I do that halo effect around my images here. This time I used V93 and V91 instead of the blues and went pretty heavy with the colorless blender to give it that blotchy look.  I am really loving V95, V93 and V91 for shadowing atm (at the moment). They are very grayed down purples and I am finding them perfect for shadows. Love them!!
I used Copic Opaque around the edge of the striped panel. I also used it with my stylus to put the dots around the scalloped die cut.  The other unsung heroes of every card I make is my Memento Ink and my X-Press It tape and papers.
Don't forget to play play along in our challenge and join us on Facebook : ) 
Also, mark your calenders for Friday, August 19th to come join us for our blog hop!! 


Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Stitching (Real of Faux)
Digi Design House - 1,2,3 Recipe
Lexi's Creations - 1,2,3 Recipe
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
Anyone for Anya? - Summertime (I hope my bright colors and flowers meet the challenge) 
Paper Creations Ink  - Stitching
  

Hugs~
Photobucket

25 comments:

Frea said...

HI Dana, dorable image this is, love the shine on her hair and the pleats in her dress!! Gorgeous colour Dana you do ed again LOL!! HUgs, Frea

Patti J said...

What a beautiful image! Your card is so pretty, Dana! You always have such adorable touches, and your coloring is never short of fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing this little beauty with us!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card... as usual, your colouring is perfection but I love the oranges. I rarely use orange but after seeing this, I'm going to give it a go.

Astrid said...

She is lovely Blush Bonnie and your card gorgeous with all this colours.
Hugs Astrid

cebelica said...

This is such a beautiful card. i love the papers you used and I think it's great how that bow stands out. Fantastic! Hugs!

Rosie said...

Great card! I sooo can't wait to get back to doing all this!

Trina said...

I knew whatever you did with this stamp would turn out gorgeous! I love how you highlighted and shaded her face!

Miranda said...

fantastic card Dana, very very cute
thanks for joining the PCI challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Danni said...

Gorgeous! Such pretty papers, coloring and embellies! Awesome!

Brodders said...

Stunning colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck - Jane x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, thanks for playing along at DDH!

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Dana! I love that image too and you have coloured it so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Ann said...

Beautiful job coloring Dana! Love all the pretty colors you used on your card. :)

Thanh Vo said...

*jaw drop*

Dana - those pleats are coloured so well!! The card works well with the image; fabulous job.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderfully coloured image, so well done! Beautiful card, thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations!

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Dana
Stunning card , beautiful image coloured perfectly .Love the papers and that group of flowers just so pretty. Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
hugs Shirley-anne

Sara said...

Dana... Your card is absolutely wonderful! I love your coloring! Aren't Copic's fun!! Your layout is gorgeous and all the extra goodies that you added are perfect! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

Reflections from Granny said...

Stunning card Dana, I just love how you match skin tones and hair with highlights. Hugs, Lori m

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love your stitching elements. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Paper Creations Ink said...

Beautiful Creation Love your work

Thanks for Joining us at Paper Creations Ink

Brenda said...

Dana, I can't even begin to say how beautiful this card is. thank you so much!! I have just been staring at your amazing shading in her dress. The entire card with the TH ink on the flowers and sentiment and the sparkle and brads on the flowers just came together so amazingly. And can I say, your bow is Perfect!! Thank you so so much!!!!
Hugs~Bren

Teresa Jenkins said...

Fabulous coloring, you did a wonderful job matching up with your embellies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DDH!

Lin said...

Well you certainly do'ed it here. Your colouring is amazing!

Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx

Naomi said...

WOW! Your colouring is AMAZING! I too, like Thanh, am in AWE of your colouring of the pleats...I am at a loss for words! Congrats on your win at Anyone for Anya!

Hugs,
Naomi

Brenda said...

woot, woot, I saw my card is a winner at Anyone for Anya!! Yeah!