Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm grounded, but that's a good thing!

2nd post today so make sure to check my icopic Tilda card too : )

No, not grounded like we do to our tweens/teens. For punishment they can't leave the house, so they stomp around and sulk leaving the parents to be punished in return : ) Oh, those were the days, lmbo!!
Nope, this is grounding your image so it's not floating in mid air. That's the challenge this week at Make It Colourful "Ground your Subject". I merged two of my fav MiC images:
That's Juliette in the Lover's Pavillion. I had a hard enough time getting Juliette large enough to color and her skirt is so busy I ended up removing most of the background except the pavillion. Then I just colored in some grass. 
See the little flecks of white and yellow? Do they look like flowers? I flicked some acrylic paint with a stiff bristle brush.  
Thanks for looking : )

Challenges:
Make it Colourful - Ground Your Subject

Hugs~
Photobucket

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Lol...I was all excited to see what new crafting stuff you bought that was so expensive that your DH grounded you! Great post and great card! You are very beautifully grounded, my friend! Hugs...

Adrian said...

Wow u did an awesome job on this! Thanks dress is gorgeous:)

Only By His Grace said...

Super job of coloring this image Dana. I love how you colord her dress. the little flowers are sweet and look lovely. Great grounding.
Hugs Maz

Lori m said...

I like your kind of grounding better then my Mom's years ago.

Lovely card, just so vibrant, crisp details. Hugs, Lori m

Love crafts forever said...

Oh you coloured her dress so beautiful. And what a pretty background. Love it.
Hugs Nataliya

Mary Lou said...

OMWord this is gorgeous and cute start to your post :D
The detail and depth you created is Phenomenal!!!!!!!
Just Gorgeous!!!!!
Hugz

NancyD said...

Grounding me would not be a punishment because I would happily stay in my room and craft!! Absolutely beautiful creation Dana!

Nancy

Brenda said...

SPECTACULAR!!! I love the flecks of yellow in the grass. Lovely touch! Beautifully colored image, amazing sky. Fabulous card!!!
Hugs~Bren

Thanh Vo said...

OH MY WORD Dana!!! All those different pleats and shadows. Words cannot express how spectacular this really is!

Diane said...

Absolutely magnificent colouring work, Dana - the folds in her dress are just perfect!
Diane x

sara said...

Gorgeous work!!! Love how you coloured her dress!!! It´s stunning!

Cheryl said...

Wow Dana, STUNNING. What else can I say. Lots of Hugs Cheryl

krafty-kutz said...

Dana its just simply stunning!! xx

Renkata said...

wow just wow Dana this is sensational scene.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

How beautiful Dana! Love the dress and the gazebo too! Fantastic coloring!