Saturday, August 6, 2011

Joshua's Art Journal Page

Well, we finally had a break from our heat index advisories the last few days and all I can say is it's been nice.  This has been one crazy year!
Today I am back with a page from my Art Journal. I've been getting a lot of comments from people saying "I could never do that".  I used to think the same thing! But if my almost two year old grandson can make beautiful backgrounds like this, I am sure you can too!! 
I was working on a watercolor sketch in my art journal and Josh was enthralled. So I moved to a page in the back of my book and just let him start scribbling with watercolor pencils.
He of course needed help getting the whole page covered : ) Then we just used an aqua brush to start spreading the color around.  
After he went to bed I started working on my first Zentangle. I've been fascinated with these since I first saw them.  It reminds me so much of high school and doodling on my notebooks.
Days later and some more doodling with a white gel pen and voila:

I have been having a blast adding art journaling to my daily life. This was done over a couple of days and it's nice to just have something I can work on for a few minutes and not have to commit to sitting down to do a complete project!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!!


jimlynn said...

WOW!!! Josh's background is perfect for this! Amazingly beautiful and please tell....where do you get all your patience! Beautiful creation.

Trina said...

You and Josh are one talented duo! :D

Barbara said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Children don't have to think, they just create what makes them happy:) So happy for both of you talented artists. Hugs

kurlygirl said...

Woah... this is incredible! I'm in the boat of thinking I could never do anything like that... but I am willing to try. :) Just saving my $$$ to get some basic supplies.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

I am so intimated by it too! I can not draw at all so not so sure what I would do. I love yours and the concept of it though! This is a great page too!

Brenda said...

Great job, thank goodness you had Josh to help you!!!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

I just discovered Zentangle this year and love it too. This turned out AMAZING!!! Love the coloured background!!
Sarah ☺

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using the time and effort to write something so interesting.

My blog:
rachat de credit

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Dana this is COOL! Thanks for sharing your art journal with us, you've inspired me to start one too. I don't draw so I thought it was going to be challenging. It's gonna be fun :)

Kt_Dragonfly said...

this is gorgeous!!!

Julie Richards said...

Awesome! great work. Thanks for sharing.