Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love Lolita Butterfly - One Crazy Stamper DT

Hi everyone!! Hope you are enjoying your week so far. At least it's not Monday anymore, right? It's my turn at bat for One Crazy Stamper. Today I have a card using Love Lolita Butterfly by CC Designs:
I really enjoyed stamping with lighter colored inks and I am sure you will too! This was stamped with London Fog before coloring with my copics. Any of the lighter colors I think will work and what a fun way to challenge yourself! Here's a close up:
Because I stamped with lighter ink I was able to take great liberties with her eyes. I used a sepia copic multiliner pen to add her eyebrows and lashes. I also used a black copic multiliner to do all that detail on her wings. I really wanted them to look like monarch wings.
My papers are Cosmo Cricket PixieLicious.  She was cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilites in both Circle and Scallop circle. The finishing touches were some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade and some Stickles.
You still have plenty of time to get in our Fun in the Sun challenge : )




Challenges Lolita in entered in:
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge - Girly
Hooked on Crafts - Things with Wings
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Woodware USA - New Technique (light ink stamping)




Hugs~
Photobucket

10 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

She's beautiful, a little stunner and love the flower crown.

Hugs, Lori m

Lisa Jane said...

what a sweet little fairy
Lisa x

Brenda said...

Wow Dana, I love what you did with this stamp. This was one of the harder ones for me to color. I love, love what you did with her wings, and the depth you gave her dress and of course those eyes!! Love this in purples. So gorgeous! Great papers and design as always!!
Hugs~Bren

Becky said...

This is just awesome..Adorable image and fabulous coloring.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Thought for sure that this was a card topper type pre-painted image because of how professional it appears! Amazing colouring, wow! The whole card is just gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Dana!
Hugs Cheryl

faithnme said...

Wow Dana.. This is a Stunner.. This is only the 3rd time I have seen this technique with stamping with a lighter color... But Boy did you knock this out the Park.. I mean it is just Gorgeous.. It looks like an actual "Painting" that you can hang some where..

Great Job as ALWAYS

Hugs
Sharette

Susan Shuler said...

Gorgeous, creation, Dana. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Starla B. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the colors...just fabulous. What a sweet image. Thanks for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin'!

xx Star

Karen said...

Gorgeous image and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at Hookedoncraft challenges this week.