Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tiddly Inks Wizardette

Make it Colourful has a Colour with Pink challenge going on right now. I am on the fence with pink. It's not my favorite but I definitely don't hate it either. It just has to be the right shade.  I recently won 5 (yes 5!!!) Tiddly Ink images for my Adventure Is Out There tag. Christy is sooo generous! This is one of the fab images she sent me:
Her name is Wizardette and you can find her at Christy's store here.  The background papers are also from Tiddly Inks and it is so nice to be able to layer the PNG image right on top of the papers!! That text and gears are soooo gorgeous! I love them!!
I really love how everything turned out, except for that blue scarf!! What was I thinking? It really doesn't look that garish in real life, but oh well ; )
Here's a close up:
Here's all the copic colors I used as well as a few Prismacolor markers for her coat.  They came free with my pencils and I've never used them before but I really like those shades!!
I added a little bit of stickles to the bubbles and those gears were created with black polymer clay and a push mold I had picked up on ebay.  Sorry, they are hard to see in these pics, but they're there.

Update** Woo hoo!! My card won at Catered Crop!!
Catered Crop

Make it Colourful - Color with Pink
Catered Crop - Recipe Challenge. I used: 
Color Mediums (copics)
Embellishment (Ribbon) 
Patterns (text paper)
Fabulous Friday Challenge - Color an image
Crafts and Me  - Anything Goes
Raise The Bar - Anything Goes (Hi to my old teamies!!)



Kristie said...

The hair is AWESOME!! Cool card!

jimlynn said...

LOL! Dana, I LIKE that blue scarf! It goes perfect with her wonderful hair! Too cute

Sheree said...

I just LOVE this card Dana! That image is adorable and the colours you chose are perfect! Also love the papers you chose. Well done!

Donna Heber said...


So gorgeous! This image is adorable. I haven't picked up my Copics lately :-(

Aunty Sue said...

love the hair

Patti J said...

Gorgeous card, Dana - your coloring is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us, and have a great week!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card, I can see all the work that you have put into it.

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs this week. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge


Beverly said...

Beautifyl card and a creative use of pink (not one of my go to colors either) Credit goes to you for me starting my morning off shopping lol

*Vicki* said...

Dana, this is so beautiful sweetie!! LOVE her hair coloring! :)

Jacee said...

How lovely Dana, what a super way to do her hair, love it!
Hugs Jacee

Andrea Fogleman said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Danni said...

This is fabulous! So magical!!

Tracy said...

Awesome job with the pink girl! Glad you had fun with all your new goodies. :-)

cebelica said...

Wow hun, this is awesome. I love it!

kissinia said...

Love this grungy look! Brilliant card. Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Sweetie, this is just wonderful....what a great color on top of the paper....totally love the whole thing! :)

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I love her wavy locks and how you colored them. Adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Catered Crop.

Carole of Brum said...

Gorgeous, and I love the pink colouring of her hair - thanks for playing along with us at Make It Colourful.

I also like the way you show your copic colours that you used in the last photo - I hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea. CoB

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love your coloring, especially her hair.

~Cheryl~ - Guest Chef at the Catered Crop
**Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!**