Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tilda with Ponytail ... Awww!

It's my turn to show you some more amazing products from icopic and today I've got a very special Maggie!
Isn't she just the cutest thing? That's Tilda with Ponytail.  Someone asked me recently how I cut out all those little spots (like right under her ponytail). Simple, I don't... at least not with scissors. I find it's much easier for me to cut out my images with an X-Acto knife. Then one other little tip, instead of going around the entire edge of your image with a black copic or pen to get rid of the white from cutting, I use each color of copic. For example, on her hair, I used YR24, face and arms E00, so on and so forth. It just takes a few extra seconds, I already have all those markers out and it really does add to the final over all look. Here's a close up:
Our challenge this week is to color your embellishment. I colored a plain white prima flower with my YG11 in polka dots. The center of my layered flowers is a brad from Wild Rose Studio.
All of my papers are from Wild Rose Studio also. I love them!! My sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Sophies Sentiments set. Oh, and I can't forget that twine!!
Last but not least, here are the copic colors I used:
I hope to see you in this weeks challenge, and we would also love to see any of your copic creations on our facebook page. You just might find yourself on our Saturday spotlight!


Challenges:
KB Cute Monday - Twine
Paper Creations Ink - Flowers

Hugs~
Photobucket

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh she is so cute! And thank you for the advice, i find it difficult to cut exactly, now i will try your advice!
Hugs Sandra

Patti J said...

Dana, she is darling! That pony tail is adorable :) Great tip on the coloring too. Thanks!!! Have a good day...hugs!

Marilyn said...

She's as cute as can be! Beautiful colouring... love how you've done her hair and the folds on her pants.

Brenda said...

wow, I love this. I love the papers. So pretty in green. Love the lace, twine, flowers. And of course your fabulous coloring of Tilda. So stinkin cute!!
Hugs~Bren

Melissa Cash said...

Hi Dana! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I follow the iCopic blog and now I will be adding this blog to my Google reader as well. I love, love your coloring and need to spend more time practicing and honing my coloring skills. I can't wait to check out your tutorials.

Pat said...

Thank you for the great tips Dana. Your coloring is superb. I still have not mastered the folds like you have. Your flower pulls everything together so well. Thank you for joining Paper Creations Ink Challenge - Pat

Diane said...

Just lovely, Dana! I really love the way you've designed this card!
Diane x

Karen Hasheck said...

Wow- great card! Love the flowers and all the special touches! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink!

Danni said...

Very cute card!

Jacee said...

Lovely Dana, love the green colour, a smashing card!!
Hugs Jacee

Paper Creations Ink said...

Beautiful Creation I Love your work and hope to see more of it

Thanks for Joining us atPaper Creations Ink

printed post it notes said...

I had same this type of dress in my childhood. And border was full of glitters. That dress was my favorite and still now I saved. You remind my old days.