Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wild Rose Studio - Mia in Kimono

My turn to show you another fabulous stamp from icopic.  This is by Wild Rose Studios called Mia in Kimono:

I stamped this with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black before coloring with my copics. I love these amazing papers from Wild Rose Studio also . I really like how all of the paper piecing turned out using them to coordinate with the background.  I used Y28 to airbrush the background after masking my image.
Here's the colors I used:

I don't normally used YR's for skintones but I rather like how this turned out.  I also airbrushed my little flower I had made to match the colors of her paper pieced flower in her hair. 
I hope you will join in our challenge this week and stretch yourself by trying skin tones that you don't normally color. 
Hugs~
Photobucket

18 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh she is beautiful- gorgeous colours
Lisa x

Sylvia said...

awww...sooooo cute and beautiful! This is such an awesome stamp image and I not only love how you colored her but like the paper piecing a lot! Looks fab!
{hugs} Sylvia

Karen said...

She's beautiful! What a lovely image hun.xx

Reflections from Granny said...

Dana she looks fabulous, I don't think it matters what colors you use, the finished designs will always be perfect. Hugs, Lori

NickelNook said...

She is so SWEET!!! I love it!...Nancy :o)

Starla B. said...

This is TOO CUTE! I love that little girl, and you did a fabulous job with her!

Brenda said...

Dana, I love this darling image. I love the YR's you used for her skin tone. Love the shaped card and papers! Ooh, and the airbrushing!!
So stinkin cute!!
Hugs~Bren

jimlynn said...

Outstanding!!! Precious image too.
Lynn

Marilyn said...

What a cute image.. going to have to go check those out. And another outstanding job on the colouring and layout.

Sherry Kushibab said...

What a darling stamp and she is pieced and colored beautifully...I agree that paper from Wild Rose Studio is awesome. As usual fabulous!!

Sheree said...

Wow!! I LOVE the image and your colouring and paper piecing are spot on! What a talented lady you are Dana!

Anne Fenton said...

Dana your card is amazing and your video of your journal is spectacular....you are one talented lady...
hugz
Anne

Roxann said...

What a sweetie she is! I love how you always include the Copics you use! So glad we have bloggies so we can keep up with each other! I miss you calling me on my made up vocabulary! lol

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Another beautiful card Dana! Love the shape, the colors, & the paper piecing! And of course your coloring is awesome too!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

She is cute! I love the paper piecing and you have great control with the air brush :) I like the shape of your card too!

Colleen Holmes said...

Very pretty Dana with beautiful coloring! Miss seeing you every day! The door is always open! Hugz, Colleen

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Loved this so much had to buy the stamp right away LOL!!! You have coloured her beautifully!!!
Hugs,
Sarah ☺

Trina said...

This is so cute! I might need to snag this stamp! :D