Friday, September 16, 2011

Another Art Journal Page

Hope everyone is having a great day! I had a play at finishing up a few journal pages that have been brewing for a bit. I did the sketch a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to "finish" them. I laugh when I say finish because I'm not sure an art journal page is ever finished. But here goes:
Still just working on sketching and playing with materials. On this one I used colored pencils, watercolor pencils and crayons, acrylic paint, faber-castell Pitt pens, copic opaque, stencils, stamps and bubble wrap.  All of the white is copic opaque painted with a super fine brush. The flowers were cut from old book pages using Tim Holtz tattered flowers die.  A few were cut with an EK Success punch.  Here's a few close ups:

That's all for now! Have a great weekend : )



Hugs~
Photobucket

12 comments:

THERESA said...

WOW, simply gorjuss, i am inspired, really i am, been wanting to do a journal myself, just never get to the point, this has awakended that 'want' again, thanks for that, absolutely love it!!!
ps::: those eyes are so amazing......:))
lotsa luv

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow... :) I love your latest art journal layout Dana! She's beautiful, all the detail is just fabulous! Thanks for linking to my party so I can come by! Hugs, Jan

kurlygirl said...

Wow, Dana... she is beautiful! I love the flowers too. The colors are perfect. I've worked on mine and actually completed a few pages, but they've ended up being too personal for me to share.

I'm want to take some art journal or mixed media workshops and am wondering if you have any suggestions.

Lori m said...

Dana another mind blowing drawing, one could just stare for hours and still find new things.

Hugs, Lori m

Tracy said...

These pages are amazing girl! I actually tried doing a page in my journal--twice. I ripped the first one out and the second one got pushed aside. I don't know if I can loosen up enough to just let the color medium fall where it may. :-) You really have a flare for this kind of art.
Hmmm will we be filmstrip or normal tomorrow? LOL

Anne Fenton said...

Dana this is absolutely gorgeous...she is beautiful ...wow g/f you are amazing!!!!
Miss You....
Hugz Anne

Crystal said...

Dana OH my word I just picked my jaw up heheh this is FABULOUS!!! WOOOWEE!

Sylvia said...

wow wow wow.. Dana.. simply FABULOUS!!! What else can I say.. I'm speechless about so much gorgeousness!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

How beautiful Dana! Your art amazes me! Love the gorgeous girl, the purple and the flowers!

Brenda said...

Dana, what can I say that I haven't said already! You are so amazingly talented. I love your art journal. I love all the mediums you used. I love the flowers from actual pages, and that face is so gorgeous!!! I bought my book, but am gonna have to shop before I start playing. I need paint and all the other stuff you use!!
hugs~Bren

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Absolutely stunning--I love this!!
Hugs,
Sarah ☺

Trina said...

Gorgeous!!! You're so awesome, Dana!!