Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Kiki Fairy

It's my turn at bat for One Crazy Stamper and I've got one of my all time favorite images to share with you today.  I found the artist Mo Manning almost as soon as I started making cards and quickly fell in love with her images. Now many of her most popular images are available in rubber. Case in point, check out Baby Kiki Fairy available through Stampavie:
Even though I've colored her many times before each time I try to push myself to improve in some small way. This time I tried to get more realistic baby skin tones and I did that by adding quite a bit of R30 (copics).  I also wanted to try to get the wings to look how I wanted without the use of Stickles. Here's a close up:
After stamping with Memento Ink I used these Copic colors:

I did use a Sakura Stardust pen to add those sparkly bits around her wings and hat. I never noticed before that her lil' hat looks like a strawberry, so that's why I went with the reds.
My patterned papers are from Bo' Bunny. I think the only other touches are my Spellbinders and some flat back pearls. My sentiment is from Amy R of CC Designs.  I don't see that particular set in the store at the moment but LOTS of other cute ones to chose from!!
Thanks so much for looking and I hope you have joined our sketch challenge this month : )
Here's the sketch:
Here's links to products I use on almost every single card:

product_thumbCA82NUFA fullpadtuxedoblack tim19527 MarkerPicture BLACK
XpressItTape1.5 stardustpenlrg


sara said...

This is the cutest stamp ever!!!! Super adorable! Beautiful colouring =)

Trina said...

You always make this stamp look fabulous! I'm so sorry; I hardly ever actually look at your cards because I'm so busy checking out the coloring!

Patti J said...

Wow, Dana - this is fabulous! Your coloring just gets better and better and better! Beautiful card, my friend :)

jimlynn said...

She's just perfect and so adorable! Fabulous card Dana and a cute, cute image.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous. I never get tired of seeing this image on your cards. And I love that you can go back and see your progression in coloring. I think you can't get better and then you prove that you can with this one!!! Beautiful skin tones!!! Gorgeous card and you followed this sketch beautifully!! :)

Lisa Jane said...

wow amazing colouring as always - so sweet
Lisa x

Jacee said...

Such a sweet image Dana, makes you want to cuddle the little mite, a really lovely card.

Hugs Jacee

Danni said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Fabulous coloring, as always!

Roxann said...

AWESOME, Dana! You are such an inspiration to me. I just love your coloring and card designs!