Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Gel Siren

First and foremost, my beloved family grew today by one. Welcome to the world baby Luke!! I am a great aunt and could not be more thrilled for the happy couple! 

This is my very first gel card. I was so inspired by my icopic teamie Alyssa's card this week I just had to try it!  I really like the way her gel is tinted blue and she got such great shapes in her "water"!! I LOVE her card! And until I started googling I had no idea the so called "gel" is just plain old hair gel!!
So, here's my go at it:

Let me get all the other "stuff" out of the way, then we'll get down to the nitty gritty (the coloring... hehe)!
I used cork and jewelry spacers to create my porthole. My papers are Cosmo Cricket.  I was jumping for joy when I found a site that carries both Cosmo Cricket and Echo Park digital paper packs!! And not old papers that no one wants anymore!! Brand new! I am in heaven!! Here's the link to Cosmo Cricket at JessicaSprague.com. {enjoy!!}
Here's a side shot:

I also used Washi tape for all the borders, inside and out. I thought it gave it a sort of "message in a bottle" look. And last but not least, a seam binding bow that I tinted with my copic reinkers and a little bit of colorless blender. I made it a while back and never used it but I am pretty sure I used Moss Green (YG67?)
K, now ready for the good part? lmbo... you know me, it's all about the coloring!

So, I obviously had another play with Zoe's no lines technique.  Zoe is one talented lady! It is challenging but not overly difficult to do and it really gets that mojo flowing again! I sat my adorable Siren Lorelei Digi Stamp on a shell I had downloaded from a free coloring book site many, many moons ago. This is the first time I've actually used it and I love the way it looks!

Well, I think other than getting this loaded up into a few challenges that is about all.  Have a great weekend!

Challenges:
Make It Colourful - Look Mom - No lines
Copic Creations - Pretty in Pink
Card Makin Mamas - Use a Digi
Fun with Shapes - Anything Goes but must use a die cut
Stamp Something - Digi Day
By the Cute and Girly - All Things Bright and Beautiful
Charisma Cardz Challenges - Anything Goes

Hugs~
Photobucket

29 comments:

jimlynn said...

Just gorgeous, Dana! Really like your coloring of course but also love the little porthole look too! I'm going to check out that site on the papers now. Thanks.
Lynn

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Dana!!! Love your little window, and OMG, what gorgeous coloring! Thanks for sharing :) Hope your weekend is going well...

Jan Hunnicutt said...

wow Dana she is GORGEOUS, I love her pink hair, no lines and the shell she's on I thought was part of the original artwork, nice! It's a beautiful card! Congratulations Auntie :)

Crystal said...

Dana this is totally GORGEOUS!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE her pink hair, FABULOUS!!!

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS! Beautiful coloring!

Zoe said...

WOW!!! Dana!!! This is outstanding! You have done an incredible job colouring without lines - boy doesn't it make a difference - she really does look underwater! And the shell is PERFECT! Love how you coloured it. But to top it off - a GEL porthole. It's fantastic. I did something like this last year using water in mine and my friend still has it on her shelf - haha. I love the idea of using gel though!!!

Hugs, Zoe xxoo

Reflections from Granny said...

Gosh Dana she's so pretty, I wish you could blow a little of your talent my way, fabulous card.

Happy Labor Day, hugs, Lori m

Kristi S said...

beautiful as usual Dana! Your coloring is just so awesome! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Julie's Blog said...

OMG!! This is just stunning! Your colouring is so inspiring - you are truly talented. I have been looking at your blog for some time now and I just became no 651 on your follower list lol ... I'm really ooking forward to seeing many more creations from you. PS Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my card at icopic. PPS Congrats on the new addition - a very exciting time for you and your family ... Julie.

Ann said...

Hi Dana; love your pretty card; the porthole, coloring everything! Have any suggestions for some colors I should use for the no lines look with stamped images?

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Dana, what an amazing card. I love the image and your colouring is awesome. Great colours and details. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sandra said...

Hi Dana!
This card is absolutely stunning!!
And congratulations to becoming an aunt to the little baby!

Hugs Sandra

Diane said...

This is absolutely stunning, Dana and I'm totally in awe of your colouring! I must master this no lines technique!
Diane x

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Alyssa S said...

LOVE your card! Soooo glad I inspired you ;o) I'm too scared to try the 'no lines' technique. lol I've got vacation for a couple weeks, so maybe I'll give it a go now. Oh and btw, your coloring and shading are AMAZING!!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Yowza, Dana! I just came from Alyssa's blog and you gals are rocking the gel cards and mermaids! Your coloring is always super, too! I MUST check out this No Lines Technique. You achieve such amazing results with it! Thanks for playing along for the Pink Challenge at Copic Creations ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Lisa Jane said...

wow amazing!
And congrats on the new addition
Lisa x

Dorcas said...

THis is very cool, Dana!

Vicky said...

First class job Dana, Absolutely gorgeous job with the no lines effect, your card design is awesome and I can't stop staring at your beautiful colouring.

Thank you so much for joining us this week at MiC
x
Vicky

Brenda said...

Seriously AMAZING!!!! Love the gel card. The coloring is superb!! The cork and spacers, well just so stinkin creative!! Love the way your mind works!! Your card is just over the top good!!! I love it!!!
Hugs~Bren

Gail said...

i'm in awe!! wow!! i have never tried the gel thingy..you have inspired me..beautiful..tfs..
folloing you from the follow me forum at The Outlawz..loves ya

Sara I. said...

Absolutely GORJUSS! Your coloring is perfection!!! Thanks for coming by my blog this morning and leaving some love and giving me a smile :)

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunning, Fabulous design and gorgeous colours, big hugs Pops x x x

kurlygirl said...

Oh my this is sooo beautiful! I LOVE the hair! Wowzers!

Tracy said...

Totally cool card girlfriend! That gel is so fun and the image---AMAZING!

faithnme said...

Wow Dana... your card is just soo 'gorgeous' I have to come to your site just to see what the latest technique is.. LOve that image and your water :0)

Hugs

Lynne Armstrong said...

STUNNING....haven't tried the no lines technique yet but have it on the never-ending list of things to try! This is fabulous. AND you've made my day with that digi link...YAY....you enabler, you LOL
Hugs xx

Anniebee said...

Fabulous card, Dana! I'm diggin' that pink hair! I haven't tried the lineless coloring technique yet but I'm gonna give it a try pretty soon, I think. I like the effect the gel gives your underwater scene... very clever!

Hugs,
Anne

Sprytebyrd said...

Just beautiful, Dana! Her hair is just lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments