Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Greeting Farm–Blush Bonnie

It's Wednesday so that means it's my turn at bat to show you some of the amazing products from icopic.
Our challenge this week is to color with our least favorite color. That's hard for me because I adore all colors, but, if I have to chose a least favorite, I have to pick green only because it is a color that I never chose for clothing. It just doesn't look right with my skin tones. So here's my Blush Bonnie in a pretty green dress:
I grunged up all those edges with copic opaque.  I also used it with my stylus to apply the dots to the scalloped edge of my nestie and the little dot accents on the fancy tag. Here's a close up of Bonnie:
I tried a few different things on this. Not sure if I'll do them again, but you never know if you don't try, right? I used V91 to shade on her skin in addition to my normal skin tones. I also used chalk around my image instead of pure copics. I didn't like the way it looked so I added Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Still wasn't loving the chalk so then I went back in with V91 around the entire background. Then I added swirls with my colorless blender. It even worked over the Distress ink so how cool was that?
Here's the copic colors:

And here's a close up of the beautiful bling from my stash:
btw.. that one pearl that is smack dab in the center of that flower? How lucky was that because it sure wasn't planned and I didn't even notice it until editing my photos! I love when something unexpected like that happens =)
My papers are from Wild Rose Studio Faded Florals paper pack. I also stamped this time with Memento in Rich Cocoa Brown.
Thanks so much for looking!

Anything Goes Challenge - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Anything Goes
The Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge - I see dots




Gorgeous card. The paper is awesome! Such a cute image, and love the bling.

sara said...

Oh wow!!! Love love loooove the green dress and the beautiful folds!!!! The shine on her hair is gorgeous! Really love this one =)

Thea said...

Beautiful card Dana, i like the way you colored her hair. Nice colors.


Carla aka scrappypug said...

Ohh this is soo cute!

Lisa M said...

I for one LOVE green and I think your card is truly beautiful! Great copic techniques and all the other tricks you tried. You've made a wonderful card.:)
Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, just leave a comment for another entry. Mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! WOO HOO!!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Dana, I love your grouping of bling! Looks amazing. I love her in green, also a color I NEVER use, don't know why as yours looks so good!!! luvs and hugs~Bren

Brenda said...

Oh yeah, and I love your swirls with the colorless blender!! haha, had to add that!!

Tracy said...

I wish I had known more about Copics when I first started buying them. I bought two 72 ct. sets and soooo many of those markers are little orphans that never get used. I'm afraid I'm a creature of habit that returns to the same 3/4 color sets over and over. I think you did a great job with your greens and all those imaginative little extras you always add in. You're so smart! :-)

Adrian said...


Kathleen said...

Stunning card, I just love your colouring its amazing. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat

Brenda said...

Hey Dana, I saw your card on MIM, and I thought I would pop over again and tell you how much I love it!!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is so pretty Dana! Love the green dress! Love the shine in her hair too!

Reflections from Granny said...

Dana everything you make is a sure thing, I've not seen anything that isn't just gorgeous!

Hugs, Lori m

Joanie said...

Beautiful card, love the colouring. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Kerrie said...

Sweet image with wonderful colouring, and perfect dp.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Naomi said...

Dana, this is simply GORGEOUS! LOVE your colouring and especially that green outfit! I also love that bling embellishment!